1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are backlinks still a thing in 2019?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by beninbro, Apr 5, 2019.

1. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I listen to my best friend, who's more into SEO than I am, then links are still going strong even now and will probably do for a pretty long time.

dojodesign, May 15, 2019 IP
  2. harrys56431

harrys56431 Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are very important part of off-page optimization. In my opinion backlinks are still working and these are worthy of your website. I will suggest you to do some strategic plan for your backlinks.

harrys56431, May 18, 2019 IP
  3. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean with a "thing"?

giorgioarmani, May 19, 2019 IP
  4. Mrshortd81

Mrshortd81 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that ever since google to the Page Rank Meter out of the publics eyes, it has been looked at (Link Building/Backlinks) as obsolete because we are unable to know for a fact what exactly we are buying, selling, or swapping. Link building will always be needed as long as we have a Google, it's a very much needed action for any website. But that's just my opinion.

Mrshortd81, Aug 13, 2019 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good links help your Google keyword ranking.

But also, links bring you traffic. Case in point: Last month my website had 49,392 visitors. The majority were through organic search. But almost 12,000 of the visitors came directly from links.

Jim4767, Aug 13, 2019 IP
  6. SarahBoyer

SarahBoyer Banned

Best Answers:
    If anyone wants to improve website rank. so that they must to do a lot of Backlinks. Otherwise not possible.

SarahBoyer, Aug 18, 2019 IP
  7. stephenrobes

stephenrobes Banned

Best Answers:
    Obviously It's still work and also doing better performance.

stephenrobes, Aug 18, 2019 IP
  8. nilpotter

nilpotter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are always most important part for SEO.

nilpotter, Aug 18, 2019 IP
  9. Robert David

Robert David Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, backlinks still a thing in 2019

Robert David, Aug 18, 2019 IP
  10. jerryrussell

jerryrussell Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks were and still is the backbone of SEO. No matter what google says about natural link building, backlink still works like a charm! I remember a few months ago I started a website on a very easy keyword and with link building within a week it was ranking on 3rd position. I know you all will think that with Google changing its algorithm every now and then this will be impossible but this worked! I sold the website 2 weeks after making for $600. It was quick money. Also, many of my sites are still ranking because of them. And if you are depending upon natural link building than it might take a long period of time for the site to rank to make some minimum profits.

jerryrussell, Aug 20, 2019 IP
  11. Amarjit Sharma

Amarjit Sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Links are the core of the internet, And so the backlinks which refer to each other. So it will always be relevant for any website.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Amarjit Sharma, Aug 20, 2019 IP
  12. MasterA

MasterA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Backlink building definitely still works but you need high quality backlinks from high domain authority websites. The low quality profile backlinks and backlinks created by bots will no longer work. Google still cares about backlinks but they are putting more emphasis on the quality of the backlinks. If you build large numbers of low quality backlinks, it will probably not rank your website since Google constantly changes their algorithm and the algorithm will be able to distinguish between high and low quality backlinks.

MasterA, Aug 22, 2019 IP
    Sean Justin Preston likes this.
  13. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    backlinks are definitely a qualifying factor for building page authority. They should, however, be used naturally and gotten from reputable sites as well.

wanessmark, Aug 25, 2019 IP
  14. lightningmat

lightningmat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a backbone of SEO and should be used in order to improve organic ranking and more. But after the Penguin algorithm was enrolled, in order to be effective, backlinks should be contextual and used with quality sites.

lightningmat, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  15. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you will rank a site with bad content

but you will NEVER rank a site with bad/no links

so to answer your question, links are still no1 factor in search engine rankings in 2019, despite everything Google and some "experts" tell you

EvcRo, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  16. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    More now than ever...

Oso Optimized, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  17. Henrietta Judd

Henrietta Judd Peon

Best Answers:
    It is 2019 and traffic still stay among the things that are Google that are most essential to concentrate on. They provide a sign about how great your site is with respect to quality and value to Google. Which means bad backlinks in volume will not give additional weight compared to Google.

Henrietta Judd, Oct 25, 2019 IP
  18. Ruin18

Ruin18 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, massively - for Google anyway. The backlinks have to be related to your niche website though. Always check through Mozpro if there are any spammy bad links associated with your website. Get them disavowed if there are any damaging your site.

Backlinks contribute to your domain authority which is what Google uses to rank you higher than other sites.

Ruin18, Oct 26, 2019 IP
  19. vjvysakh

vjvysakh Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the Google ranking factors are
    • total referring domains
    • total backlinks
    • total follow backlinks
    without building backlinks there is no improvement in keyword rankings. it will cause organic traffic also.

vjvysakh, Oct 28, 2019 IP
  20. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, google uses back links to find your website, and index it.
    Even a nofollow link from a google's trusted website will get you indexed very quickly. Most likely on the same day.
    I added a page on my website few months back, got a nofollow link from a website which was already ranking in google, and this new page of my website was already in google within 24 hours.
    It had a unique title, and a "my title" google search showed me the page in search results.

This is why I am thinking that even nofollow links from well trusted websites are passing some link juice.

However, ranking is a completely different thing.

I don't think google is depending as much on back links as they used to.
    They are probably more dependant on their "google brain" system which they launched recently.
    Its an artificial intelligence project, which can analyse your webpage like a human reading your webpage.

Back links still could be one factor, but not of as much importance as they used to be. These newer technologies are holding more weightage in ranking websites.

Plus I think that these days google is also hand picking certain websites to rank higher.
    Like its dropping forum websites, and replacing search results with websites like stackoverflow and quora.

JEET, Oct 28, 2019 IP