1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best eCommerce Platform for a small business

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mad Moll, Dec 1, 2014.

1. philipuser

philipuser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Shopify. It is very easy to launch a new store here. It doesn't require a hard learning curve and you can master it quickly.

philipuser, Aug 19, 2019 IP
  2. nolimithero

nolimithero Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it's magento.
    I really think that it's to.
    I don't have my own,but for exmple this one https://www.mageworx.com/ is really good and full on magento.
    So check it,maybe you'd like.

nolimithero, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  3. ClicShopping

ClicShopping Peon

Best Answers:
    Complicate, it depends of your business :
    some good platform if you want to have your own system
    https://www.opencart.com
    https://www.prestashop.com/en
    https://www.clicshopping.org

Platform if yo want to delegate
    shopify

ClicShopping, Sep 2, 2019 IP
    JEET and superprg like this.
  4. mayamisra

mayamisra Peon

Best Answers:

Hello
    Here is the top 3 platform where you can make your store online.
    1. Magento
    2. Woo-commerce
    3. Shopify

Each of the three has different pros and cons, you can choose any based on your requirement.

mayamisra, Sep 6, 2019 IP
  5. Chandramauli Dave

Chandramauli Dave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with @xSellco, Shopify has the best design that suits e-commerce and their inbuilt functionality to track the sales. For SEO purposes also Shopify is the best platform. Does not know the reason but the Shopify website always does better in Google search results. They have by default collection pages so it is helpful and easy to optimize.

Chandramauli Dave, Jan 8, 2020 IP
  6. Jorge2local

Jorge2local Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress / WooCommerce is the best platform for small & medium size business
    It's easy to manage and optimize

Jorge2local, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  7. georgenbowser

georgenbowser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

The best E-commerce store for small business is Magento based E-commerce store rather than any other CMS based E-commerce store it has many features compare to other CMS based E-commerce platform.
    Magento is Open Source = Free!

• Magento was recognized as the most popular ecommerce platform in the world in the year 2013.
    • Simple and easy to use features.
    • Flexible Content Management System: You can quickly build customized solutions that work in sync with your ecommerce business needs owing to the flexibility of Magento platform.
    • Good for marketing: Generates revenues and sales from effective tools like cross-sells and upsells that entice users to buy more products.
    • Magento creates search engine friendly URL’s that are good for marketing.
    • A high number of features: One of the best things about Magento is that it provides an inclusive range of features in a well-organized manner.
    • Updates the website automatically. (Usually not available on other ecommerce platforms)
    • Magento’s flexible rules of pricing attracts a high number of customers.
    • Supports multiple websites to promote products and services across domains.
    • Customizable themes: Customize your store in any way you want and obtain any template for the look you desire.
    • Mobile-friendly Configuration: Magento is responsive and completely mobile-friendly.
    • Functions of Magento ecommerce platform are very simple, quick and versatile. Browse easily, buy comfortably and enjoy effective services expediently.
    • Extremely popular and has a very long history. Therefore, plenty of information is available for users as well as developers.
    • Advanced SEO. Magento’s advanced SEO support features give products a great chance to rank on all popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and more.
    • Manage your products efficiently. You can display specific prices for a specific group of customers, add multiple images for products and you can control all this by using simple options.
    Additional Reasons Include the Following

• A well-organized back end
    • A shopping cart that is easy to update
    • A nice default template
    • Add-on modules that have new and significant capabilities
    • A businessman from any industry can opt for this platform and register huge success. Magento is a great ecommerce solution for any company that is growing, has customers all over the world, and caters even for multi-industry companies.
    Now let’s have a look at few of the valuable features of Magento ecommerce website development platform.

for more you can check the mogento features list as well
    https://info2.magento.com/rs/magentosoftware/images/magento-feature-list.pdf

georgenbowser, Feb 22, 2020 IP
  8. Private Loader

Private Loader Active Member

Best Answers:
    Prestashop is your best choice.

Private Loader, Feb 22, 2020 IP
  9. Getkart

Getkart Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is the best option to start a small online store. However, you can also go for "Magento" as it has lots of features and compatible for eCommerce store like Amazon.

Getkart, Mar 30, 2020 IP
  10. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    Woocommerce is clearly the only smart choice...

buythiscomputer, Mar 30, 2020 IP
  11. Roman at Artedok

Roman at Artedok Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to create your own ecommerse website without all the ads and limits.

Roman at Artedok, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  12. vivan

vivan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check with magento as it is meant for e-commerce only , works on LAMP architechture

vivan, Apr 9, 2020 IP
  13. Paincrusher

Paincrusher Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh, there should be several options to choose I would say, good old Bigcommerce, then Opencart, then something like probably WooCommerce for Wordpress and lately Shopify clearly make any goals with that matter. I do see what is happening here.

Paincrusher, Apr 12, 2020 IP
  14. ChrisCHappy

ChrisCHappy Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the easiest and least expensive routes for new shops is Etsy. It supports multiple languages, will help you with advertising and it's a way to get your products to market quickly until you are ready to scale.

ChrisCHappy, Jun 17, 2020 IP
  15. James0519

James0519 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best eCommerce platform right now is Magento 2 - especially when it is used alongside MDOQ this is because it allows businesses to run their eCommerce site easily, faster and cost effectively whilst reducing development time. This is suitable for all business sizes no matter the experience you many or may not have with eCommerce and development

James0519, Jun 23, 2020 IP
  16. Alvaro241

Alvaro241 Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento or Shopify works fine for everybody.

Alvaro241, Sep 25, 2020 IP
  17. mybabes

mybabes Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you need a free cloudbased store solution, i would recommend to checkout https://www.branchbob.com/en
    This platform is 100% free, iam building all my client sites on this. Its like woocommerce in a cloud.

mybabes, Oct 5, 2020 IP
  18. Albert Jonson

Albert Jonson Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of e-commerce, there is an astonishing difference between single-based stores and international marketplaces, the gap is huge. At present the web has been filled with hundreds of millions of listings and gain market traction become almost impossible.

Anyway with the introduction of new alternatives such as Cygnus Marketplace everything is changing, i would suggest you to review the features involved and re-direct further questions to me, the plafrom has been under Private Network for years now but soon will be publicly available to anyone. It has already in place exposure to billions of people worldwide based on Cygnus Network.

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Albert Jonson, Oct 17, 2020 IP
  19. Asgard2087

Asgard2087 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my experience, it depends on what kind of an e-commerce shop it is. Because in some cases you would prefer Magento or n some cases WordPress.

But right now, with all my experience I feel WordPress is the best platform for hobbyists and small business people because WordPress as a CMS and also as a Hosting platform is built keeping a business owner's interests in picture- functionality, performance, aesthetics and simplicity of use.

I had built a WP site (WooCommerce integrated for a client based in the States) and deployed it via Bluehost India's WP hosting service. The performance was phenomenal and the user (SMB owner) himself could simply manage the site easily. Such hosting platforms makes everyone's job much easier. Hope this helps you and readers.

Asgard2087, Dec 5, 2020 IP
  20. ecommerce solutions

ecommerce solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress/woocommerce, shopify are the very good ecommerce platforms, where as, bigcommerce has best marketing plugins/tools/reporting system available in it.

ecommerce solutions, Jan 8, 2021 IP