1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ahrefs audit shows 80% site with error.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by indiasbull, Sep 4, 2019.

Hello friends,

I want to know something.

Few days back i bought ahrefs and yesterday i did audit of my website.

And in audit, it says 80% of my pages has no proper on page seo, I mean all pages are fine, but their was

issue with categories and tags. And i have to write tag name in title, then write 300 words description for the tag and give meta description and again write that tag in keywords. (in yoast).

I hope you understand what i want to say.

So, should i have to do that thing to make all pages (tags and categories proper)? or any other advise ?

indiasbull, Sep 4, 2019 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm more into Ahrefs, and i find it more detailed compared to other tools free or paid. The number of errors found in your website is really the problem because it causes the page slow loading speed of the website. Usually javascript and CSS files that must be optimized by the web developers.

KylieSweet, Sep 5, 2019 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard of it, but really SEO "tools" are like most tools, scam artist bullshit that at best need be taken with a grain of salt, at worst are little more than lighting money on fire.

That said, if you mean the site in your signature, in terms of on-page SEO it's a complete epic /FAIL/ at web development. On-page SEO is a small but important part of building a site. It involves unique well written content of value marked up semantically, in as accessible a fashion as possible. It means meeting accessibility and usability norms since for all intents and purposes you should treat search engines the same as you would blind users since -- as I've said many times -- search engines don't have eyeballs.

Remember what Matt Cutts told us over a decade ago: Write for the user, not the search engine.

Again, assuming you mean the site in your signature, here's a full evaluation written how I'd give it to a client who came to me for help:

It is the typical train wreck of turdpress incompetence. There is more markup than there is content on every page; your current home page wasting 60k of HTML on delivering 7k of plaintext and a half dozen content images -- not even 12k of HTML's flipping job!

Static style in the markup, static scripting in the markup, gibberish to nonexistent semantics, improper use of the -- IMHO pointless -- HTML 5 structural tags, pointless REL, pointless TITLE attributes, pointless ARIA attributes, presentational use of classes undoing the 20+ years of progress since HTML 4 Strict was introduced, uselessly redundant META, keyword stuffed description META and TITLE that not only pays no attention to what said tags even for, could in fact result in being slapped down by search for suspected abuse, (but yeah, that Yoast BS is so worth using...),etc, etc, etc.

It is the typical disaster of ignorance, incompetence, and ineptidute I've come to expect from a Wordpress website, so of COURSE any attempts at search optimization are hobbled.

Apologies if that sounds harsh, but that's the truth of it. It's why turdpress is a cute toy for making a blog for grandma, but is relatively crippled at doing anything more complex or serious than that. It's why I lump those who try to promote its use for business in with all the other dirtbag scam artists and two-bit hucksters that prey upon ignorance.

deathshadow, Sep 6, 2019 IP
    indiasbull and malky66 like this.