1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Effect of Technology

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nilpotter, Aug 26, 2019.

Hi all, Can you tell me Does technology simplify life or make it more complicated? Share your thoughts!

nilpotter, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I expect your alter ego @stephenrobes will be along soon to post some inane crap...;)

malky66, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Compared to what timeframe?

When I was a kid we had 2 telephones - one in our dining room, the other in my mother's room. Any phone calls could, therefore, be overheard. My children, no doubt, have enjoyed not having a parent listening in and correcting their grammar as they try to talk to their friends.

sarahk, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is "Yes." Technology does what you have it do. It can complicate your life; it can simplify your life. For most of us it does both and often at the same time. E.g., my mobile phone is making my business conversations so much easier and simpler than they were 20 years ago; ten different texts coming over it right now are complicating my business activities like you would not believe. Double-edged sword, I suppose?

jrbiz, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Technology has added to our lives with easy access to information. Improved communication is also a plus. It has improved travelling long distances by making it easier and safer. Little gadgets have improved our home lives and entertainment is better than it was.
    But...it has led to an overall increase in social isolation. There seems to be less one on one interaction between people. Cellphones, tablets, computers etc. And let's not forget about people being replaced on the job by more robotics.
    What frightens me is the high tech ways we (our militaries) have weaponized in order to destroy each other.

All in all this is the world we live in and there is no turning back.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  6. mirza waleed

mirza waleed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think when the children use much technology , they have not enough time to use their imagination or to read and think deeply about the material , they find the information but they may not remember it , they might have difficulty to develop the social skills and the emotional reactions.
    other thing is, technology can lead to the social isolation which is characterized by a lack of contact with other people in normal daily living such as the workplace , with friends and in social activities .

on the other hand, technology has allow us to earn money from home with our ease.

mirza waleed, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Although through gaming people who might otherwise be socially isolated are finding each other. I've mixed with a much more diverse group of people in real life because of activities that started online. In some cases, the connections have led to personal discoveries re stuff like ADHD that have led to profound improvements. Find your tribe etc.

sarahk, Aug 28, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now all baby have smartphone in hand due to technolgy

hiuufji, Aug 28, 2019 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    lol, I must be psychic...:)

malky66, Aug 30, 2019 IP
    sarahk and jrbiz like this.
  10. Raquib

Raquib Peon

Best Answers:
    I think technology simplifies our life. Sometimes tech brings great hazards in our life such as we are isolating ourselves from each other day by day.

Raquib, Nov 19, 2020 IP