1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to rank for unique business name in Google, before existing inappropriate content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by guystrudel, Aug 4, 2019.

Hello,

I've recently launched my new business / website and have recently been indexed by Google.

My business name is a unique word, so I have put effort into including the business name in content along with other keywords that I wish to rank for.

After searching my business name (let's say 'Discountero' for example, this is made up for the purpose of this post), I am ranked on page 4, behind web pages that are related to erotic music material titled 'Discount Ero'. I'm concerned about potential new customers searching my business and seeing explicit material.

How can I ensure searches for my business 'Discountero' doesn't return unwanted material for 'Discount Ero' first?

guystrudel, Aug 4, 2019 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is a bit late to address this dilemma. That is a consideration before you settle on a domain and business name. You have no control over the ranking of other sites, unless you want to go to the trouble of getting additional pages in your site to rank above theirs.

Oso Optimized, Aug 27, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Assuming you don't want to rebrand you will be relying on Google's personalised search results.

Lets say discountero is actually going to sell arts and crafts materials. If someone visits erotica sites frequently they're likely to get erotica in the results. If another person visits knitting blogs frequently then they're going to get your site.

Your job is to make content that will ensure that Google sees your site as "arts and crafts" and by undertaking all the regular SEO tasks.

sarahk, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the time unique business name in Google can rank faster and this is due to no competition. Need to have patience to fully understand your page by Google so don't optimizing it for the target users.

KylieSweet, Aug 28, 2019 IP