1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to starting psd to html job?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by g.ho3ein, Aug 26, 2019.

hello
    i trying to find a job as psd to html or creating web pages but no one gives me any job because i don't have any portfolio so how should i start this job? or some job like that?

(sorry for my broken english)

Solved! View solution.
    g.ho3ein, Aug 26, 2019 IP
    Find some online designs that are psd only, create templates for them, submit to the free template sites and link from your "portfolio" to them.

sarahk, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's still a thing? :D

Jokes aside, that's still a thing people do?

Between developers who know what they're doing embracing separation of presentation from content and "content first" design, and the people who blindly copy examples from the rubbish "frameworks" and then give them a paint-over, screwing around pushing pixels in Photoshop is a relic of the past that NEVER should have existed in the first place. More so now that responsive layout is a "thing".

Simply put, the ignorant twaddle PSD jockeys spanking their crank on a graphics tablet drawing pretty pictures are NOT web designers, and anyone telling you otherwise isn't qualified to make websites, or is throwing out lame excuses to defend their scamming of the ignorant.

ACTUAL design involves things like accessibility norms, semantics, logical document structure, and dozens of other things your typical "I canz draw a site in Photoshop" asshats are utterly and completely devoid of understanding. How does one make scaleable EM layouts in pixels? How does one handle dozens if not hundreds of different possible responsive layout concepts? How does one make sure there's logical semantic document structure underneath it? Photoshop and other such paint programs offer that functionality even LESS than the nube predator scam-artist BS that are WYSIWYGs!

That's why few if any websites that started life as a PSD are worth a flying purple fish in terms of usability, accessibility, maintainability, sustainability, or hosting costs, and why on the whole the entire CONCEPT of dicking around in a paint program and calling it "design" is ignorance incompetent monuments to ineptitude.

As such, that "job" is dying off as it NEVER should have existed in the first place and is nothing more than a giant scam to exploit the ignorant "ooh shiny" response of those who just don't know any better.

deathshadow, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing so, and while he's (his profile says he's male) going through the process he'll quickly learn the shortcomings of many of the psd designs he picks. You couldn't make a living in NZ doing that but I'm hoping he's done his homework and knows how much effort he'll need to put in to become proficient, and then to create each design and what he can earn from that. Don't people in Iran get subsidised by the Sheiks or something? His cost of living may not be very high, but that's not my problem, he's the one who has to determine if the reward justifies the effort.

sarahk, Aug 26, 2019 IP
  5. g.ho3ein

g.ho3ein Peon

Best Answers:
    actually a lot of people do it you can check it freelancing websites

thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
    g.ho3ein, Aug 27, 2019 IP