1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is a long post, please review my situation

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Johnrock07, Aug 13, 2019.

I started on a free WordPress blog 2-3 days ago. I have never written articles, blogs or ran a website before so this is really time consuming. However, I have already given up because it seems like a free WordPress blog ain't gonna do it.

This is what I really want to know:

As a 15 year old boy, who has never blogged or ran a website. Can you tell if I should buy one and start blogging with a host and domain BASED on what I have accomplished with this blog right here?

https://affiliatehealth.home.blog/

I do not care about views or anything right now, this isn't an advertisement. I just need to know from you guys if It's worth my time and money. Right now I have

175 views, 110 visits, 4 posts, website has been up for 4 days (excluding the day I was building it).

I am going for InterServer because I can pay every 3 months with it. It offers wordpress, a domain, privacy and other things for 3 months for only $22. The reason I want 3 months is incase i fail miserably and waste my payment for 12 months. I honestly want to know if it is a reliable host that offers mediocre support and uptime. I couldn't find much about it on the Internet and thought that is a big red flag.

Also, if I buy a domain + InterServer, do I get the plugins feature? InterServer offers plugins or something and I don't really understand. Do I still have to upgrade my WordPress plan? Everything is so damn expensive without me knowing if I'll ever earn my money back.

Thank you for reading this :)

Johnrock07, Aug 13, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure why you chose the health niche but that was your first mistake. Find a classmate who is studying business - they'll tell you the first thing you need to do is check out the competition. Health is so competitive that it's a miracle you got any views in your first week. You need to have a strong social media presence, the ability to generate your own photos, credibility in the industry... While I'm sure there are 15-year-olds who can do all this you've already found an extremely simple site very time-consuming.

Read this too: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/check-and-tell-my-website-is-ok-or-not.2858150/

I'm guessing the idea was to earn some affiliate income. Having a domain with "affiliate" in it will be a major turn off to consumers who will know your motives aren't really to help, you're just there to sell stuff that you haven't even used.

I'd recommend starting over.
    Grab that friend who does marketing and brainstorm things you are good at.
    It might be a blog on local hiking trails with ads for hiking gear.
    Or fun activities within walking distance of each train stop in your city.
    Or info about local geocaching
    Or you could just live stream your gaming and have a twitch account or whatever it is that my son talks about

If you don't have a passion and expertise in your topic you will burn out and you won't get traffic without spending a lot of money on advertising.

sarahk, Aug 13, 2019 IP
  3. Johnrock07

Johnrock07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I see, thank you very much for the reply. Helps a lot :)

Johnrock07, Aug 14, 2019 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How have you been promoting it? 110 visits for a blog that started 2-3 days ago seems like a lot. Maybe you have a strong social media presence.

qwikad.com, Aug 14, 2019 IP
  5. Johnrock07

Johnrock07 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just been on 4chan, forums, made an instagram and facebook, quora etc. 175 that i mentioned is up to 184 views right now without me having done anything at all. But it doesnt matter right, probably nobody will come back they just click on the website and never come back again lol

Btw my bad it was 4 days ago i started promoting it, not 2-3

Johnrock07, Aug 14, 2019 IP
  6. Zone06

Zone06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You would need to narrow the niche down, someone gained success in the health and fitness sector by creating a site that focused on getting a (Flat Stomach). However that was years ago and would be even more difficult to rank for now. Profitable sector however very competitive, as I found out.

Zone06, Aug 14, 2019 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Would you take health advice from a 15yo?

sarahk, Aug 14, 2019 IP
  8. Zone06

Zone06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Point taken, however it's a bit of a generalization. Also, you learn as you write and research, experience is important, however so is genetic temperamental traits. With that said I wouldn't recommend the niche, due to competition.

Zone06, Aug 14, 2019 IP