1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Martyn Godden, Jul 22, 2019.

as a barbershop I’m always looking for new ways to interact with clients. What is the best email marketing platform to use?

Martyn Godden, Jul 22, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Mailchimp is awesome

My only issue is that, as a newsletter subscriber, I don't have time to read them all and therefore usually don't read any. Consider your message, and the importance to your readers.

For something as visual as hair I'd go with Instagram and share photos of happy customers, before and after type of thing. Give them a free/discounted "product" for being the day/week's featured customer.

sarahk, Jul 22, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com and jrbiz like this.
  3. Martyn Godden

Martyn Godden Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that was my thought with the emailing. Just looking at different ways rather than the usual forms of insta etc

Martyn Godden, Jul 22, 2019 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i think it dont matter so much what autoresponder you choose ,its more important how you comunicate with your subscribers . If i was in your place as a barber shop i will choose also facebook ads as i can target any region i want and a nice video on people feeds will be very atractive and people will get to mu shop

Spartan14, Jul 22, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The disadvantage of email marketing is that, much like @sarahk suggests, few marketing emails are read these days. The advantage is that it is a low-cost marketing method. By the way, it is a good thought to have multiple irons in the marketing fire at all times. And untries, creative approaches always should be in the mix.

Do you track your customer's visits in a database of some sort? If, for example, you could email a discount coupon to customers that have not been to the shop after a certain period of time (3 months?) it could be effective. Think of that as an inactive customer re-acquisition campaign.

What are you doing locally, offline?

jrbiz, Jul 27, 2019 IP
  6. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mailchimp would by my number one suggestion for a small business. It's really easy to use and affordable!

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Jul 28, 2019 IP
  7. HelgaHlg

HelgaHlg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As I know there a lot of them, for example, Constant Contact, SendInBlue, GetResponse etc.

HelgaHlg, Aug 5, 2019 IP
  8. doliam

doliam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i would not suggest going for detailed newsletters since as some people already mentioned, not a lot of people read them, but if you would make the newsletter mostly out of unique pictures it would catch the interest of a customer. go for customised emails, know what your customers like and always collect data and measure which experiment received most positive numbers, send emails on special holidays with promotions, try to have as little words as possible, make it look fun and have the information on your page, people will automatically want to know more and go there, of course put a link to forward them to your site, make it feel like the email was sent only to that person, know your segments and have different emails for different customers.

doliam, Aug 6, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Jamie 123 brandfreedom

Jamie 123 brandfreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

Couple tips that will hopefully help:

-Mailshake is inexpensive software that allows you to set up email campaigns for hundreds of leads
    -Mailchimp is a great free alternative but with limited options and accessability- you will get charged when your list is over 100 contacts or something like that
    -Send emails out GRADUALLY- if you send 50 emails out a day, you WILL get blacklisted
    -Use linkedin to help find and build your GDPR compliant email list
    -Hunter.io is a site that will help you find email addresses open to the public that you can contact, we've used it previously to scout business founders or marketing managers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    Jamie 123 brandfreedom, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  10. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting an email from a barbershop just sounds weird to me.
    I'd stick with the "map pack" in Google, local SEO and getting reviews.

kjh-08, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  11. Jack Holland

Jack Holland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use GetResponse which has the ability to send out emails with images. You could also build an email sequence so that as new people subscribe, they would get email #1, then #2 at a set time later, and so on. Other autoresponders like Aweber have similar features. I think it would be a great addition to your marketing efforts.

Jack Holland, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  12. AndrewAt

AndrewAt Banned

Best Answers:
    I always use bulk email , because I have a big team, for normal
    email work I need to use services. Generate and send bulk mailings using personalized, unlimited, mailing lists and with preliminary spam checks. Sent email campaigns can be tracked--as well as monitored--with the help of the statistics that are gathered. Unsubscribers will be automatically removed. Its all functions are available in one program pack which I recommend.

AndrewAt, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  13. riggidb

riggidb Peon

Best Answers:
    I honestly used only mailchimp but I actually like it.

riggidb, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  14. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont wanna sound offensive, but in this business you just need to do your job very well, and then it will spread out by a Mouth to Mouth marketing

wanessmark, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You probably get your customers phone #'s, right? Use texting instead. That device is always in one's bag, pocket or hand. Put an emphasis on that rather than email marketing.

qwikad.com, Aug 13, 2019 IP
  16. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Tons of bad advice here. You apparently don't know your customer. Why would your customer have an interest in reading emails from their barbers? They don't.

Q: What do barbers do?
    A: They cut hair and make people look good.

Q: Why do people go to barbers?
    A: To get their hair cut and look good.

Q: What social media platform allows for barbers to show off their talent and interact with customers whose only concern from their services is to look good?
    A: Instagram, Pinterest, FaceBook, and Snapchat.

Your Barbers can take before/after photos to add to Instagram. You can build a following with hashtags and captions. You will be able to retain customers and attract new customers. You can level up and have a clever back drop or scenery for your customers to want to take selfies near. You can have a company snapchat to broadcast your messages to your customers. You need POS (point of sale) materials at your shop and on your web site.

Forget the email marketing... this isn't as valuable as you think. Before social media maybe but not it's useless for your business model.

NetStar, Aug 16, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.