1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Two Problems!

Discussion in 'Apache' started by CWWorld, Jul 27, 2019.

Hello, I am new to Apache on my Ubuntu computer, before my friend who knows a lot more then me did it for me. but i reinstalled Ubuntu! and i lost my Apache server. i installed it. but i cant access it with any software on my windows side! i have tried Filezilla, WinSCP and Cyberduck! and they don`t work! i typed the right ip address, port, username and password. i also tried using anonymous! My second problem is when im out, i leave my Ubuntu on and it wont let me access it with public ip address! please may people help me with this.

Thank You!

CWWorld, Jul 27, 2019 IP
  2. dedikart

dedikart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To be able to access your files, you would need to install ftp server and then add users. If it's already installed, make sure it's running. If its already running make sure the port is whitelisted in the firewall. Did you assign static IP your server to be able to access it from outside your private network?

dedikart, Jul 30, 2019 IP
  3. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most probably, the like the issue is related to the firewall. If you are sure, that the Apache and FTP service is running properly, but not able to access Apache or FTP from outside, check whether the ports are whitelisted in the firewall.

hostechsupport, Jul 31, 2019 IP
  4. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you give it try?

hostechsupport, Aug 9, 2019 IP