1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by flexluther, Aug 8, 2019.

Does anyone know if this chat website is a template? A client likes the design but I don't want to be cloning the site. https://achatroom.co.uk

flexluther, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Really?? There's no accounting for taste I suppose, it looks like it was designed in the 1990's, all that inline style, no responsiveness, I doubt it's an off the shelf template it looks like it was muddled together by someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

malky66, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  3. flexluther

flexluther Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's far worse than that. My client was looking at examples from websites that are Dmoz archived!

flexluther, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That site isn't complex enough to warrant having even been an off the shelf template. It's just sleazed together with the train wreck of developer incompetence and ineptitude that is "Antenna web design studio".

A simple "view source" should make you recoil in horror and disgust if you're actually qualified to even have "clients" in the first place. Absolute positioning of EVERYTHING, utter and complete lack of semantics, everything done in pixels as a middle finger to accessibility and usability, scripttardery on pages that don't even warrant the PRESENCE of JavaScript, it's a train wreck laundry list of how not to build a website.

If there were an "off the shelf template" of that, I'd tell you to kill it with fire.

deathshadow, Aug 8, 2019 IP