1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube

Discussion in 'Google' started by parisent, Jan 4, 2019.

I am posting this in "Google" because Google owns Youtube - If this is the wrong place, I apologise. I see many Youtube Tutorials saying - Be sure and have good videos with good content/subject matter - write a good description with keywords. Then add your affiliate link.

If you Do a search on - "youtube affilate marketing tips" you will see tons of youtubers who say make good content videos and insert your affiliate link.

I have 28 videos. 12 of them are for entertainment - and have no links at all. - So, 60% of my videos have affiliate links - and 40% do not. So, I get a message from Youtube saying, - we have Deleted on of your videos, and given you 1 strike. Because we notice you are inserting links into your videos. We want our viewers staying on our site, not being sent off to another website. So, you are currently under a 3 month probation. If you behave, your strike will disappear in 3 months. If this conduct continues, your account could be banned.

Later, I see another Tutorial on youtube talking about putting your affiliate link into your description. I left a comment explaining the message I received from youtube. And they responded back - Youtube does not do that! - And I responded - Yes they do and did! Then they responded - Youtube does NOT do That!!! - And I responded - The HELL they Don't!!! - And They never commented back ...

So - now what? Everyone else can make videos and add affiliate links to them, But I can't??? I don't get it. Like I said ---- I continue to see TONS of popular SEO people talking about making Youtube Videos and inserting your affiliate links in the description. I not only see those SEO people, but I see TONS of videos on youtube with affilate links in them - ALL Over the Place.

So, what are my options. This really confuses me!

Thanks,

Paris

parisent, Jan 4, 2019 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you read through the Youtube TOS to find exactly what is allowed? If so then ask YT support for a more detailed explanation.

I've always placed my link in the description and haven't had a problem. I do seem to remember that a link inside the video itself isn't permitted.

The reason you were contacted and you're seeing others that weren't could simply be that YT spotted your videos with links and haven't yet seen those of the others.

JoeSpirit, Jan 4, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Paris, I believe someone reported your video.

qwikad.com, Jan 5, 2019 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea i think someone reported you but be smart and dint relay on 1 single channel or you can wake up with all your work on vain

Spartan14, Jan 6, 2019 IP
  5. Manda Barnes

Manda Barnes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    C
    Can I ask what came of this? I can see that it would be super helpful to post links, but I also see their point as valid. I have only recently begun to use youtube, so this is very interesting to me.

Manda Barnes, Feb 7, 2019 IP
  6. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube's TOS is kinda of a gray area.

You can see people using video clips from a copyrighted video and they aren't getting penalized for it and worse is still monetizing from it.

I think they are much stricter to those newbies and those who have less subscribers?

irule272, Apr 4, 2019 IP
  7. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In my opinion, you are lying here.

Google, just can NEVER say that..."We want our viewers staying on our site, not being sent off to another website."

The fact is that... Google ALWAYS recommend linking resources outside of the website of the content. But the logic is.... your links should enhance the user experience.

Even if your affiliate links diminish the user's experience then also Google can't say that they want their views staying on their website. Google can't be that cheap. Okay?

So, better STOP lying around and create a bad environment.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers!!

Mr_Kumar, Apr 17, 2019 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to me it's pretty clear that Google does want to keep people on Youtube and not lose them to external sites.

Just look at the ads that pop up to other videos - on Youtube. It's and income stream.

You don't control your own channel as far as the ads are concerned.

JoeSpirit, Apr 17, 2019 IP
  9. onlinebusinesscasestudies

onlinebusinesscasestudies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I've had this same doubt myself when I started creating more videos and I came to the conclusion that:

1, Google (YouTube) does does NOT officially allow affiliate links in video descriptions
    2, Tons of channels do it anyway
    3, Some of them get caught and have their videos removed etc...
    4, Some get away with it for years.

Unfortunately sometimes you can see channels with millions of views and subscribers get away with this, while samller channels with just a few hundreds views/subscribers get hit. That's just Google's way of "not being evil".

Does this answer help?

Steve

10. trigshady

trigshady Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do you affiliate? maybe it is against their rules? Either way maybe your competitor reported you or you were unlucky enough that the aff link was discovered by algorithm. Maybe check big channels they may hide their aff links somehow, not sure if that is a thing :)

trigshady, May 22, 2019 IP
  11. Hant_Aleksander

Hant_Aleksander Peon

Best Answers:
    Somebody reported my video on YouTube... But he or she is wrong! It's mistake! What I need to do?

Hant_Aleksander, Jul 4, 2019 IP
  12. DriKe

DriKe Peon

Best Answers:
    it looks like somebody reported your video, i would recommend reading the terms and conditions of youtube so you can avoid these mistakes in future.

DriKe, Jul 10, 2019 IP
  13. Driiita

Driiita Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, do you have any idea how to advertise your business on youtube? I recently created my own online store and I wanted to know about this, or if you know of any site that explains it well would also be of great help. Thanks

Driiita, Jul 10, 2019 IP
  14. DriKe

DriKe Peon

Best Answers:
    use bumper ads, these are 6seconds long or maybe try to find an influencer who will promote it through their video

DriKe, Jul 10, 2019 IP
  15. OleKorniienko

OleKorniienko Peon

Best Answers:
    Youtube is really great place to build great index and gain more traffic

OleKorniienko, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  16. jackgorney

jackgorney Peon

Best Answers:
    I am agree that Youtube is really nice place to gain more traffic and increase it.

jackgorney, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  17. Abby Jace

Abby Jace Peon

Best Answers:
    Youtube is really nice place to gain more traffic and increase it.

Abby Jace, Sep 25, 2019 IP