1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My blog is selling product for others..How do I make money from it..

Discussion in 'General Business' started by scott Cains, Aug 7, 2019.

Hi Guys..I'm not sure if this is the place to post..if not let me know..

I started a blog basically to keep a Chinese company honest...I ordered a boat based on a famous aussie design from the Boatbuilder in China for about half the price of getting it built here...they were stuffing me around for a couple of months but within a week of starting the blog my boat was started and my treatment improved 10 fold......

Well now over the course of several months it is becoming more popular and I guess it seems to give some credibility to me as people are asking for referrals and my know how in buying a boat and importing for themselves and whether its all genuine and whats the price, the quality and the service likeā€¦..when finished it will also a be a blueprint of sorts on buying and importing a boat...

I had already sold at least one boat for that company and I asked for an extra on my boat as a reward ..they said no but if I sold more than they would..

My trust went out the window and the next few I referred to a competitor....

There is just a couple of large factories making this boat in China plus a few smaller ones where the individual has to sort out the build and import themselves and a couple of large distributors in that already have the boat landed in Australia plus a few smaller operations..So any chance of commission or advertising will have to come from one or several of them..

I havent done any actual advertising of the blog apart from a thread on FB and an Aussie fishing forum and haven't tidied it up as a marketing tool...so its a small but very target market but it seems new interested people are finding there way to the blog each week...If I continue the blog it will contain vids of the boats arrival, water testing island and reef trips etc.....But it is work and I get quite a lot of enquiries so how I'd like to legitimize this as a money making concern otherwise I will be shutting it down once I have received the boat to focus on our main business which is an online plant nursery..

Thanks for reading and any ideas of where to start..?..how do I get one or the other companies to pay for my service of providing legitimacy to these boats and directly or indirectly sending customers to them..?

cheers Scott

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    scott Cains, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm curious if your interaction with them has been with them in English or in Chinese. You might want to consider finding someone that you can trust in your area that speaks fluent Chinese. I'm not offering to help you, but I have been studying Chinese for about 5 years and I'm relatively affluent. I can hold a conversation and make a business deal. I can go out to dinner and engage in idle chitchat. I think either learning some Chinese or making more friends who are Chinese might go a long way in something like this.

dvduval, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  3. scott Cains

scott Cains Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi dvduval..

As I have found out the Chinese sure do have there own customs regarding interpersonal and business dealings that many westerners find difficult to comprehend..I'm sure you are well versed in these matters..

The main guys I am dealing with however are highly educated with university backgrounds in international trade and the like so their English levels are quite high....

You do, however, make a very good point ..no doubt they would have more respect dealing with someone that had showed some level of understand Chinese culture and the language...

I dont see that happening though, at least initially...

Having zero blog experience I am simply wondering if there is a facility I can add that directs traffic in a quantifiable and measurable way that leads to more sales for one company or another and a way that I can receive a kickback for it...... If there is a way to do this that's mutually beneficial without me becoming absorbed by it then I'm happy to continue but I don't want to be an errand boy and answer queries and make introductions for no personal gain....I'd rather close it down if that were the case and focus on our core business....

scott Cains, Aug 7, 2019 IP