1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does google sandbox aged domains too ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Harris96, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread moved to SEO

Hello,
    Recently i had bought an auction domain from godaddy which is 23 years old and have domain authority is 37, Page authority 34.
    I checked the domain on archive web. The domain was last active in 2015. And it was parked for 4 years i think. But still homepage of the website was indexed on google. The domain was about golf. I re build the website and make a health niche well looking website. Its been three weeks from now i ve been building links andsent some pbns to rank my keywords. But my website is showing nowhere. Post is indexed but not showing any result in google. Its been 3 weeks. Does google sandbox my website because domain was last active in 2015?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
    Harris96, Aug 5, 2019 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It would not surprise me if Google treat you like a new website. one thing I'm at ask is if you have been able to find out if there are any inbound links from Big sites. You might be able to create the pages that were there before and then harness that traffic to get you off to a better start. Hopefully you are new site topic matter is the same or similar.

dvduval, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  3. Harris96

Harris96 Member

Best Answers:
    Okay now i am climbing slowly. Keywords start to show on google result. I should have to wait more until all backlinks of the auction domain start to show on google search console.

Harris96, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're wasting a good domain by building a Health niche on it. When building a site from an aged domain, you want to keep the topic the same/relevant. Same goes for building backlinks, keep them within the same niche.

You would've gotten better results rebuilding a Golf site. Lookup what "topical relevance" is, to see why I say this.

Plus, if you do get any traffic from those old backlinks (Golf), it could lower your ranking signals. If they expect to find a site about Golf and now it's about Health, they'll probably leave/bounce. This will increase your "bounce rate" and lower "time on site" metrics, both would not be good for these ranking signals.

kjh-08, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  5. Harris96

Harris96 Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree with you even one percent. Couple of my competitors are using expired domains and they are ranking on google top 1. Their website was about wild life, sticky notes etc.

Harris96, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  6. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it sounds like a good strategy. If you are starting to see more and more backlinks appearing in the Google console, that of course you can rebuild those pages. Did you also look on archive.org?

dvduval, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  7. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My friend you are using an old technique of SEO, that won't work. nowadays domain age is not important, your content age is important.
    I hope it will help

Regards,
    Mayur

MayurKawale, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  8. Robert David

Robert David Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say that if the domain had been parked for an extensive duration it probably would count as fresh, especially if (once the domain were resuscitated) the content was very different from Google's last 'active' cache. They don't really want to give people free SEO authority just for buying old domains (that would make it way too easy to game Google's rankings)

Robert David, Aug 8, 2019 IP