1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Payment taken without permission?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Robert Needham, Aug 1, 2019.

Hi.
    New to the forum, so hope I'm posting in the correct one?

My wife and I are going to the States next year, and needed to apply for an ESTA.
    Unfortunately, my wife did this before me, and did it through the first site that google came up with.
    They charged her £89 (ouch).

When I did it, obviously through the correct site, it was $14, so you see the so called company who my wife used went through overcharged her.
    It made us think that we/she had been scammed.
    So, my wife contacted PayPal to get advise.
    They told her they would look into it and get back to her.
    This unfortunately didn't happen, she looked into her bank account (after two days)and found the £89 had been taken from here account

I'm not too sure what we should do about this now, as it looks as though Paypal has been negligent with this situation, as I believe it takes longer than two days for PayPal to sort these problems out?
    my wife isn't a happy bunny and neither am I.
    Any help would be gratefully received thank you

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Robert Needham, Aug 1, 2019 IP
  2. Robert Needham

Robert Needham Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the typo's in my post

Robert Needham, Aug 1, 2019 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to file an actual dispute in your paypal account. Also, if it was paid using a credit card, you can call your bank and request a chargeback with them directly. You may have to fill out a form.

Also, what you're describing isn't necessarily being scammed. Some accountability falls on the card holder for making sure they are paying the correct company for the actual service they think they're getting. You may not win a dispute or chargeback since your wife legitimately made this purchase.

jestep, Aug 1, 2019 IP
  4. Robert Needham

Robert Needham Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    she has actually lodged a complaint with PayPal.
    And to be fair, they did reiterate what you said about her paying.
    But they are proceeding with the case, and if not heard from them within 10 days, she WILL get a refund.
    will wait and see what happens ;)

Robert Needham, Aug 2, 2019 IP