1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any idea about the difference between digital marketing and advertising?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Kevin Saptel, Jul 6, 2019.

I am looking for advertising agency for my new website. I have a problem understanding the difference between advertising and digital marketing. I have give quotation for these two things advertising and digital marketing. But in actual what is the difference between them? I have gone through all of the best resources that I can see on search but still having confusion differentiating them.

https://dashtwo.com/blog/what-is-outdoor-advertising-and-why-is-it-important/
    https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/what-is-digital-marketing
    https://wpitech.com/google-rankbrain-seo/
    https://www.encorenationwide.com/blog/experience-matters-brand-activation-and-experiential-marketing/
    https://evolveactivation.com/why-brand-activation-works/

If anyone can explain me what is the difference between advertising and digital marketing?

Kevin Saptel, Jul 6, 2019 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I would not get too caught up on the semantics of various marketing terms; that said, I will provide my thoughts on the two terms and how an agency might use them:

Advertising: this typically means running advertisements in the various forms of media available to and appropriate for the client. This could be online (e.g., banner ads, PPC ads, sponsorships, etc.) or offline (e.g., newspapers, TV, radio, billboards, etc.)

Digital Marketing: this typically means any or all online marketing activities (e.g., online advertising as I list above, social media activities, blogging activities, influencer marketing, Email marketing, PR, SEO, SEM, etc.)

My guess is that, since you want to promote a website, you are probably going to be more interested in a digital marketing agency, unless you have a very large marketing budget in which you could run TV ads, etc. Big players often do this to rise above the clutter of online digital marketing, but it is very expensive.

jrbiz, Jul 7, 2019 IP
    johneva and JoeSpirit like this.
  3. ShaunSizemore

ShaunSizemore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    digital marketing and advertising are both works on the same industry, online marketing!
    Advertising including ads such as banners and social market and advertisers networks, but digital marketing is a world about all you can do with the online market like strategies with the goal about your business

ShaunSizemore, Jul 15, 2019 IP
  4. David Michaels

David Michaels Peon

Best Answers:
    In simple words
    Advertising includes ATL and BTL activities.
    Digital Marketing include just online platform :)
    Hope it clears the air for you :D

David Michaels, Jul 15, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yeah, nah, I don't think you even read his post.

sarahk, Jul 16, 2019 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bullcrap. Billboards, newspaper ads, advertising flyers, and so on have NOTHING to do with online marketing.

Advertising encompasses ALL forms of advertising.

Digital marketing is a small subset of advertising using ONLY digital means to advertise.

mmerlinn, Jul 20, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. aadryanaa

aadryanaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This. And if I may add, digital marketing in the form of SEO, SEM, email etc. is a long term investment. With Advertising, the moment you stop paying for your ads, that's the moment you stop appearing in front of potential leads.

aadryanaa, Jul 21, 2019 IP
  8. bertham.jhones

bertham.jhones Peon

Best Answers:
    It's simple:
    Advertising is simply an ad on the internet.
    Digital marketing includes managing different forms of online company presence such as the website, social media accounts, mobile app, etc.

bertham.jhones, Jul 30, 2019 IP
  9. Lisa McCoy

Lisa McCoy Peon

Best Answers:
    So someone very recently told me the inherent difference between marketing and online adverts. Advertising include the activities that you put out in media platforms such that your brand or your product grabs attention. Marketing would include a process where strategies are mapped and plans are made to see how the brand/organization/product can maximize from the following it might have already garnered. In this case, online marketing is the new fad- but it would be very wrong to sideline it as ineffective. Online marketing has been one of the strongest ways to reach audience and maximize profit. So go back to your original query, it is fair that the company quoted for these things separately. If it is a really good company, they should be able to help you immensely.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Lisa McCoy, Aug 1, 2019 IP
  10. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the best answer to your question.

Though it may simply be poor usage of terms by the company you have received a quote for.

As jrbiz has stated: Marketing is a generic term which covers all areas of marketing:

Offline Marketing (TV ads, Radio Ads, Newspapers, Flyers, Billboards, ect)
    Digital Marketing (SEO, SMO, Social Marketing, Video Marketing, Content Marketing, Even website design and development or UX and Conversion Optimization)

johneva, Aug 2, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Advertising is a big sector that can be broadly divided into two main parts i.e. offline and online. Online advertising is also sometimes referred to as digital marketing.

Now, digital marketing is a big industry in its own sense. Things like social media, SEO, PPC, Banner, etc all are included in the big family of digital marketing.

In a real sense, the goal of advertising and digital marketing is all same. That is, reaching more potential customers through the campaign.

seo_buzz, Aug 9, 2019 IP
  12. FrazeTowne

FrazeTowne Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there are quite a many, digital marketing refers to any sort of advertisement that publishes on the internet. On the other hand, advertising is an umbrella term, under which you get, radio advertisement, television ads, newspaper advertisement, verbal advertisement and many other sorts of advertisements too.

FrazeTowne, Aug 23, 2019 IP
  13. Alan Yang

Alan Yang Peon

Best Answers:
    Searching Vandweb for free SEO app: Vsights.
    Hope this would help.

Alan Yang, Sep 5, 2019 IP
  14. dm.dotzo.net

dm.dotzo.net Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital marketing is marketing online. For example blogging, mobile, social media, email marketing, search engine marketing and more.
    Advertising includes ads such as newspapers, radio, broadcast television, cable television, or outdoor billboards are

dm.dotzo.net, Sep 18, 2019 IP