1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would linking to your backlinks improve the time new backlinks will get spidered?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by crazyhorse, Jun 3, 2005.

HI

My website gets spidered a lot. I was thinking would it be wise to link to your backlinks in order to get them spidered/indexed faster be of any help? Hope im making sense :eek:

crazyhorse, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  2. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yeah, that makes sense. But it depends on what google actually does with links that it accumulates from your site. Whether it lumps them on the end of the queue - or goes to them straight away - or perhaps pushes them up the queue to be done sooner because it suddenly sees your backlink's site as being more important.

That was a long winded way for me to say, "I don't know", wasn't it! :)

Cheers

Chris

blackbug, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For my own, and client sites, I use a blog. it works superbly well, but make sure you link to lots of sites, not just the ones with your links on. Also update the site daily so that the spiders go there daily.

Old Welsh Guy, Jun 3, 2005 IP
    exam likes this.
  4. MobileP

MobileP Peon

Best Answers:
    erm... i think it's better to not link back to your backlinks since oneway backlinks are more powerful? just my 2 cents

MobileP, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  5. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just read in that article of Compar about Dirk Johnson,

I think that im going to give it a try anyway. If one way linking really hurts your serps damm i ll be in trouble. I think i got more links linking from my website to others then the other way around. :confused:

crazyhorse, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  6. alias420

alias420 Guest

Best Answers:
    Just because a site with reciprocal links still does well doesn't disprove that 1 ways links aren't worth more. There is no absolute proof that 1 way links are better either. I personally believe they are.

Calling this a myth is a lie. He doesn't offer up any proof refute the claim. I'm not saying that they are more powerful but I'm also not claiming they aren't, no one really knows for sure.

alias420, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  7. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    I like OWG's idea of using a blog to send the spiders to client sites or other sites that you want spidered.

exam, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  8. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:

Hi Mob p, If you read my post I said I have a blog. The blog is not on my site it is a different Ip, I don't use the blog to get link benefit, the whole point of the blog is for the spiders to pick up the link to the page where my backlink is sitting. It is all about getting my backlinks spidered. I still have a one way backlink from the linking page, it just gets spidered quicker. Companies who simply submit are doing half a job.

I have always said, 'a link is only a link once it is cached'

Old Welsh Guy, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  9. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great idea to use.

We have created a "BL site map" (xml) that contains the BL's domain link and the page our link is on. Place it in the root directory as normal site maps.

We then submit it to Google via web master tools. They will read it and then reject it. So remove it. As a result, the sitemap file name will be looked for for the next 3 months and indexed.

Then we add an internal link from the home page to this BL site map.

Then keep the link in place for 6 weeks (or 3 indexes of your home page) and then remove the link from the home page completely. Leave the BL site map file in the root directory with NO LINKS to it.

We do this for our clients site all the time. And it would work for you. Just don't push Google on this one. Do it only once.

catanich, Jul 25, 2008 IP