1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats next after major announcement from cPanel?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by trigshady, Jun 28, 2019.

Big news about cPanel! New, account based pricing and licensing structure has been presented. How will you be affected? For more info --> https://cpanel.net/wp-content/themes/cPbase/assets/downloads/cP_Store_Licensing_Guide.pdf

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    trigshady, Jun 28, 2019 IP
  2. p0werB0

p0werB0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Will it effect you in anyway though?

p0werB0, Jun 28, 2019 IP
  3. trigshady

trigshady Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only in a way that I will spend more time on consulting my friends, but else doesn't really affect me. I swapped to custom Panel years ago when it wasn't even a thing. Back then my choice was impacted by curiosity and a little better deal I got, but I was never expecting that curveball from cPanle...

trigshady, Jun 28, 2019 IP
  4. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    recommend moving to CWP centos webpanel centos-webpanel.com save some $$$

dts-net, Jun 28, 2019 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Won't affect me at all since I am not one of their customers and never will be.

mmerlinn, Jun 28, 2019 IP
  6. dts-net

Best Answers:
    Since 1997 DTS-NET has sold cpanel licenses to our customers given recent changes to cpanel's pricing structure we do not agree with these business practices and does not support cpanel aggressive strategy and side with hosting industry and colleagues and fellow service providers to boycott cpanel and price increase and this way it pressure cpanel to go back to the original cpanel business practices cpanel seems to forget very companies that built massive market share and we could very easily as an industry go back another software company or very easily create our own software we know other providers like us follow suit and boycott cpanel cpanel better change your ways before they lose their entire market very unfair to customers people that have built apps for cpanel and customers that use cpanel and cpanel needs to remember when they where just a startup days with SingularWind Technologies

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    dts-net, Jun 29, 2019 IP
  7. trigshady

trigshady Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you use custom panel?

trigshady, Jun 29, 2019 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This looks like total nonsense to me, just a bunch of random words strung together. Not a single punctuation mark which proves this is nothing more than spam.

mmerlinn, Jun 29, 2019 IP
  9. dts-net

Best Answers:
    Webuzo, Webmin, Interworx, ISPConfig, VestaCP, CentOS Web Panel, Froxlor, DirectAdmin will be good options and as more money goes in to them away from cpanel!!!!

dts-net, Jul 7, 2019 IP
  10. batrowan

batrowan Peon

Best Answers:
    I think cPanel have made a bad choice and part of me thinks they are going to recall the change. I mean $20 did get you unlimited accounts and now it gets you 5 and that was going direct. I got it for like $13 at buycpanel. Defiantly just as good control panels for a cheaper price out there

batrowan, Jul 7, 2019 IP
  11. dedikart

dedikart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many hosts have already started switching to Directadmin. There was an intense pressure from the hosting community and most of the people thought cPanel would revoke their decision to increase the price however looks like they did not give a damn and wanted to move on with the price hike hence last choice remain for users is to search for the new panel such as directadmin which seems to be competent enough to replace the cpanel.

dedikart, Jul 14, 2019 IP
  12. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some web hosting providers, those that oversell and host 500, 600... 1000 shared accounts on one server (their names are well known) will probably stop using cPanel or will negotiate any custom terms. Many middle-sized web hosting provider will see 30% - 100% increase in their bills fro cPanel licenses. some of them will try to insure the cost of licensing to their customers. We will keep our cPanel licenses, but we will adapt to their policy, which means we will stop driving them business and will reduce our spendings.

CentOS Web panel and others will be picking up.

HostColor, Jul 15, 2019 IP
  13. HostJedi

HostJedi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the end result for CPanel will be that they have alot less active users/licenses, but with the same revenue or a bit higher, which works for them as that means less support staff and overhead required. Bad PR but good bottom line result.

HostJedi, Sep 6, 2019 IP