1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Experience Buying Google News Site and Progress

Discussion in 'Google' started by Drew1985, Jun 26, 2019.

We are looking for people who have purchased a google news site...and is still running it...we are looking for testimonials on your experience purchasing and continuing running the site....and how much traffic do u generate monthly from it?

Drew1985, Jun 26, 2019 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Owned one at least a decade ago and wouldn't touch another one today. Back then AdSense CPM's/Ad's in general were paying a lot more. Google has cracked down on "fake news" sites, plus censors content they don't like. Plus the content isn't evergreen, which means you have to constantly pump out fresh content daily.

Best thing about it, there was no need for SEO and all the traffic it received.

kjh-08, Jun 27, 2019 IP
  3. Drew1985

Drew1985 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So your basically saying its not worth it anymore because how strict google news compliance team is....but it seems like your saying you do received good quality traffic from it if it works and you stay in a long time...we wouldnt be doing fake news we will actually be doing real celeb news.

Drew1985, Jun 28, 2019 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google cracking down on acceptance of google news inclusion is actually a great thing, means there's less contributors.

These are the reasons I don't like them:
    1. Monetizing is difficult. Celeb News or General News, is too generic for high paying Ad's. You'll make pennies-on-the-dollar. If I was to do it again, I'd target the Financial News as that niche pays well.
    2. Google doesn't like excessive advertising/affiliate ads on a GN site.
    3. I'd rather target a better paying niche and write evergreen content that is still relevant years down the road. That continues to make revenue as well, long after it's written/published.

If you craft great headlines/titles for your content, you will receive lots of traffic though.
    Problem is people searching for "Celeb News" are not in the "buying stage", they're just looking for info/gossip or killing time.

kjh-08, Jun 28, 2019 IP