1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

General Hotel Supply Ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rihsam, Jun 5, 2019.

Since this place is for general business discussions among the members, I would like to ask members about a unique product that can be supplied to Maldives hotels/resorts. It must be a very unique idea or a product.

rihsam, Jun 5, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When tourists go to a beach/island resort area they almost always forget something.....that would be sandals. If you can find a cheap supplier and then go to the resorts they may allow you to sell on commission.
    Be sure to get all sizes for both women and men and get every color of the rainbow, to give customers a choice.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 5, 2019 IP
    rihsam likes this.
  3. rihsam

rihsam Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea. but in Maldives resorts guests prefer to walk in barefoot.

rihsam, Jun 5, 2019 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    They did until @rihsam brought sandals to the Maldives and started a new trend.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 5, 2019 IP
    rihsam likes this.
  5. rihsam

rihsam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahahah okay thank you for the cool idea. I will try.

rihsam, Jun 6, 2019 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.

The Resorts have that covered. They will most likely NOT think your idea of selling sandals is creative and will NOT allow you to do so. That's soliciting and a major resort certainly will not care to do business with a peddler off the street.

NetStar, Jun 7, 2019 IP
    rihsam likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    There you have it, instead of coming up with a novel idea of his own, @NetStar chooses to mock mine. That says a lot and indeed....says it all.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 8, 2019 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to collect refrigerator magnets when I travel to a new place (typically on business.) That is because they are small and easy to carry back on the plane. I used to collect coffee mugs and other items, but they were too big to bring home and the wife eventually said that we had too many coffee cups, anyway. So, souvenir magnets are it for me. I find them easily at airports, but not so much at individual hotels (and I typically look.) I also prefer unusual (handmade, 3D, etc.) magnets as opposed to a piece of flexible plastic with some printing on them. E.g., I have bought a magnet in Georgia (in the U.S.) that had a small container of Georgia's famous red clay. I have also bought a magnet in San Diego that had a small seashell glued onto it. In Napa Valley, I picked up a magnet with a small bottle of Chardonnay (obviously, it was plastic and filled with colored water but it had a cool label on the bottle.) Obviously, they all had professional artwork, but they were cool because they had local materials. Note that these are all very small...maybe a square inch or so, on average.

Perhaps, you could offer the hotel, some unique, handmade souvenir magnets that they would offer in the gift shops. Even if they carry some now, if you have some creative magnets made with local materials, it might be a hit with their clientele.

jrbiz, Jun 9, 2019 IP
    rihsam and Spoiltdiva like this.
  9. rihsam

rihsam Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am looking forward to having very constructive replies from the members

rihsam, Jun 9, 2019 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Unlike post #6.......not "constructive" at all.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 9, 2019 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go book your trip to Maldives and stay at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort. Before boarding your flight stop at the local flea market and purchase 50 pairs of cheap sandals. When you arrive at your hotel to check in ask for the General Manager. Then ask for his permission to stand outside of their hotel store to sell your sandals at a fraction of the cost of theirs. Let's see how long it takes before you are booted off the property... This may only work one time if you are a Boy Scout raising money for the pack to go to the zoo... Reality is.. even if the GM says "sure... we don't mind we think your idea is super creative and we wish we thought of it" you will be in for a real surprise when you find out that most people don't forget their sandals when visiting the most iconic beach vacation areas in the world... Just the harsh truth.

NetStar, Jun 9, 2019 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    And still no suggestions or ideas of your own. Just another critique of mine. NutStar you do seem to demonstrate some troll like behavior........."Just the harsh truth".;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 9, 2019 IP
    rihsam likes this.
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No idea is better than silly ideas that will simply waste time and not work.

NetStar, Jun 10, 2019 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^These appear to be your specialties.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 10, 2019 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I quite like the magnet idea but all the itty bitty extras are a waste if the room doesn't have decent power points. They need to be plentiful and not already being used for a lamp etc.

sarahk, Jun 10, 2019 IP
    rihsam likes this.
  16. rihsam

rihsam Active Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are still humiliating one another. I need more constructive ideas. stop this madness

rihsam, Jun 11, 2019 IP
  17. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any ideas of your own? You're the owner of a Maldives website you must know something about the place and what people would need, are you actually from the Maldives yourself?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    malky66, Jun 11, 2019 IP
  18. rihsam

rihsam Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am asking a very general question.

rihsam, Jun 11, 2019 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't answer my question, Are you from the Maldives? I only ask because you could do some of the work yourself by talking to the tourists/hotels/resorts and seeing for yourself what they need most instead of expecting members of an IM forum to come up with all the ideas.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    malky66, Jun 11, 2019 IP
  20. rihsam

rihsam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am from Maldives

rihsam, Jun 13, 2019 IP