1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Does Most of Your Work Come from Today?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by coreygeer, Nov 21, 2018.

I'm genuinely curious. Ever since I've completely cut PayPal out of my life after they let two people get away with scamming me for $1,200, most websites and clients want to pay via PayPal. I will never use them again and their customer service is literally the worst service I've ever encountered.

Marketing forums like this and others are filled to the brim with people who want "quality" content for dirt cheap. Most of the people I used to see posting in the Content section have left and haven't returned.

Content Mills are a plague to writers with ridiculously low paying offers and insanely strict demands. This paired up with the fact that places like TextBroker have insanely nitpicky editors that want perfection for the $1.50 you're being paid per 100 words.

Freelancing sites like Upwork are plagued with people who type incoherent broken English offering their "I can has write you articles" for $2/hr. Out of the 100+ proposals, the only email I ever got from Upwork was to let me know that one person selected someone else.

Cold offer proposal emails usually go into spam or the owners reply back with some vague response about how buying new content for their site isn't worth the investment.

Right now, I seem like I'm at a loss for how to progress without moving into a new field entirely. I will never use PayPal again nor am I paying off the -$1,500 my account is in due to their own negligence and refusal to investigate claims and most sites seem to be tailored towards the people who are willing to write quick articles for a pack of ramens. I've never in my life seen writing so undervalued in the 10+ years I've been writing.

coreygeer, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was recently contacted by one of these. This massive talent also claimed to double as an "SEO expert". I'll be damned if I know how he managed to acquire my e-mail addy.

As to your question I do utilize Paypal and will stay with them as I don't see too many options at the moment. I'll check in on this thread to see any alternatives that other members might mention.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  3. PinterestUsers?

PinterestUsers? Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Most of my work is typically a 9-5 job. With a side of affiliate sales. Clickbank

PinterestUsers?, Nov 21, 2018 IP
  4. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Upwork? No way. It is useless.
    I had an account there for a month but it was complete waste of time and energy. I don't use PayPal myself and that is why lose lots of customers but its okay. I don't have to deal with PayPal nonsense as well.
    Personally, I like 9-5 job. It gives you financial stability. You know that you will get salary after 30 days and that's how it works for me.

c4cyber, Dec 4, 2018 IP
  5. webbp0int

webbp0int Peon

Best Answers:
    A regular job, which ain't 9-5 though, I can loosely change my schedule if needed. I also used to do freelancing work, and I still take up a few clients now and then, as I have tried myself out in different fields during this time

webbp0int, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  6. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    With some companies there's always the good old fashioned check, but that isn't going to cut it with a team of writers splattered across the globe. I have had skrill (moneybookers) for fifteen years and I've only used it a half a dozen times. I can't afford to take a stand against paypal - and that doesn't seem right!

Karen May Jones, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  7. loki781

loki781 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have found most of my writing work via forums like this one, as you stated most people don't want to pay much above the extremely low rate of .01 per word, but there are the rare diamonds in the rough that are willing to pay for higher quality content. I typically will write faster and with less strategy if I'm working for a lower rate. I'm actually in the process of starting my own writing company but we're going to specifically be targetting those clients willing to pay for higher end content. It's worth it in the long run especially the way search engine ranking works these days. It used to be pump out articles and hope one sticks, but in the last few years it's definitely more worthwhile to have 5 high quality pages vs. 20 poorly written pages. Once more website owners realize this they will be ready to spend a bit more money for higher quality content that brings relevant visitors to their website. On that note, webmasters feel free to send me a message for your content needs. :)

loki781, Jun 5, 2019 IP