1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Elementor/Other Drag & Drop Plugins

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by PASnow, Mar 23, 2018.

Has anyone else used a Drag & Drop plugin for your WP site?

They kinda give structure & columns to pages so you can drag & drop elements over to your page where you want them. Similar to the CMS webhosts give you, or maybe like Wix.

I liked the concept of it, and thought that's where it was going, but not sure I'm really digging it. I've been away from it for a while, and logging back in to make some page edits, just seems like excess coding now within the page structure. Also I wasn't digging the font but found out how to change the default font on it.

Anyway just wondering. I had tried another (peanut butter sandwich) but ran into a glitch when I first tried it, image size or something, that I chose this one over it. It's ok, but just wondering if they're impractical unless a specific need, and if its bad for SEO (bloated coding).

PASnow, Mar 23, 2018 IP
  2. marakillton

marakillton Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using https://wordpress.org/plugins/nimble-builder/ Before I used Mobirise and Wix, this option isn't really good in there.

marakillton, May 8, 2019 IP
  3. Brian Ott

Brian Ott Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something to consider when using drag and drop page builders, they do have a tendency to slow your site down which can have an effect on your traffic and on your search rankings. Google is all about faster speeds for higher ranks these days.

Brian Ott, May 13, 2019 IP
  4. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drag & Drop clearly has its benefits in comparison to simply using the in-built editor. However, WIX I have found to be expensive (once you have the basic premium stuff that you "really" need) for what it is...

Using a combination of good CSS and graphics, you are able to achieve desired results and a fast website than using Drag & Drop Editors.

ms2134, May 20, 2019 IP
  5. Eurogetwork

Eurogetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use elementor, divi and beaver builder. I am using elementor. The loading speed of your page plays a crucial role for your SERP, but it is also possible to get a very high loading speed without even touching the code. Just please make sure to minify your CSS and JS and always pay attention to the size and format of your pictures. Do not overload your page with plugins. Please always check mobile compatibility, before using a plugin. Try elementor, you will definitely like it and if you are smart enough - your page will be loading very fast anyway.

Eurogetwork, Jun 4, 2019 IP