1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After 15 Years of IM, Here's My Best Advice...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Netcitynet, May 14, 2019.

In my neighborhood there are quite a few places where you can go to buy a good burger, the competition is fierce. Over the years I've noticed that I always find myself gravitating to one particular place, of course they make a great burger, but if you want to know the honest truth, when I get a hankering for a hamburger, I always pick this one burger joint for 3 reasons...

1. The staff is so incredibly nice and they always smile when they see me coming.
    2. They always treat me like I'm the only person buying a burger that day.
    3. Whenever they make a mistake on my order, they're always apologetic and happy to fix it.

I've been involved in Internet Marketing for a long time, there's not a whole lot I haven't seen, been there, done that, got a t-shirt, wrote a book, made a movie with a soundtrack, working on the sequel, but today, I simply want to share with you what I believe to be one of the most important lessons I've learned about marketing online...

This works, no matter what your niche and no matter how good your burger taste.

This may sound simple, naive and too trivial to believe, because it's not rocket science, you don't need a dime to implement it and you've probably heard it before, but you'd be surprised at how many people ignore it and don't use it to it's full advantage, sometimes even to their own peril.

Here goes...are you ready?

Customer Service

Making a crappy burger is one thing, ignoring your customer's reasonable request for help and making them feel like a PROFIT instead of a PERSON, can come back to haunt you and hurt you, big time! I don't care if you've just created a never-before-seen, ground-breaking burger that turns people 10 years younger with every bite, if you treat people like crap, they will remember how you made them feel and pass it on, because crap begets crap.

Treat people the way you want to be treated and they will remember how you made them feel, they will pass it on and come back for another taste. Why?, Because customers like to know that you don't just care about their business, but you care about their concerns. In summation, life is short, when you leave this earth, someone else will end up owning all your stuff (including your burger joint) and the only real value you will leave behind won't be the great tasting burgers you built for profits...

But the great relationships you built with people.

Hope this helps, take care and God bless.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Netcitynet, May 14, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn, JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing much to add except to say after reading this, I had a smile on my face-thanks.:)

Spoiltdiva, May 14, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  3. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you my friend and you're welcome! :)

Netcitynet, May 14, 2019 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The basics are eternal.

Gotta love it when someone gets it right. Good post.

JoeSpirit, May 15, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  5. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you my friend, God bless! :)

Netcitynet, May 15, 2019 IP
  6. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of my business came from referrals and a lot of clients promoted my small biz for free, just because they were pleased with how they were treated. If we care for our clients as HUMANS, not just paychecks, it's less costly to get new customers.

dojodesign, May 15, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn and Netcitynet like this.
  7. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more! Free word of mouth advertising from awesome customer care can produce great results!

8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, in my line of work it involves getting customers set up with a new software product, and letting them know that we will be willing to go back and forth with him for as long as needed until they're happy is key in the beginning, and then following through with that until they actually are happy. We have found that the customers who don't say much that we lose, although there are some who like to be more private and don't have time to talk and we have to recognize that too.

dvduval, May 15, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  9. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You hit the nail on the head! Letting your customer know that you are available to them after the sale and that you're willing to work with them to keep them happy, really does wonders in boosting customer satisfaction! Sometimes, one simple follow up is all it takes to get a customer to do business with you again!

10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So after 15 years of his Internet Marketing experience he is now able to share what everyone else learns on day 1? C'mon.......

NetStar, May 17, 2019 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Problem is not "everyone" learns this on "day 1". In fact some never learn it at all. Some life/business experiences such as @Netcitynet has learnt are worth repeating over and over again until they get the message.;)
    And oh yes, the way it was written up was eloquent and uplifting. Perhaps not of importance to you but is to some of us.

Spoiltdiva, May 17, 2019 IP
    Netcitynet likes this.
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's common sense that the customers who pay you $$$ are important and need to be treated as such. If you don't know this BEFORE day 1 you are completely clueless.

NetStar, May 17, 2019 IP
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's nothing to debate. It IS common sense that your customers are important. It should not take 15 years of experience to realize this nor is it something that no one has ever though of before. Unfortunately the original poster never shared anything he actually learned. What are some of the things you did to drive customer satisfaction? What are some critical mistakes you made in your 15 year journey? Etc.

This is just another one of those useless posts on digitalpoint that serve no value.

This is the same as someone making a post with the topic "How I made a million dollars" then the content reading "I started a business!". Stupid.

NetStar, May 17, 2019 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Odd how this very word entered my mind as I was reading your last post.:rolleyes:

15. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My last post stated that the original poster needed to be more granular and provide details on his successes and failures in order for his post about his "best advice" to be of value.... You are stating that more detail would be stupid as a vague comment about customer satisfaction being important is of better value? Makes no sense.

Want to be rich? Just make a lot of money......
    Want to know how to get a job? Apply to a job...
    Want to know the best way to save the most money? Just put aside some money...
    Want to hear my best advice on Internet Marketing? It's customer satisfaction!!

Useless.

NetStar, May 17, 2019 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Shakespeare's play Much Ado About Nothing comes to mind here. The OP was merely highlighting a valid point. He did it in a way that as someone who has profited from writing, I can respect. You on the other hand are just bored. (Shakespeare's play) Go ahead and have the last word as that might make you feel like you have won something.;)

17. Netcitynet

Netcitynet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LOL...well bless your heart!
    I wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors!
    God bless you and have a wonderful day! :)

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Netcitynet, May 17, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Positive energy @Netcitynet..... versus negative energy @NetStar.....I know which one I prefer.

Netcitynet likes this.