1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does social media marketing have any importance for ranking higher in SERPs?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FrazeTowne, May 3, 2019.

FrazeTowne, May 3, 2019 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, absolutely not a factor for rankings.

mrb1129, May 3, 2019 IP
  3. rkahn

rkahn Member

Best Answers:
    yes, social signals are a factor in ranking. Also, Google has of late increased the impact of social signals on SERPs. While they may not directly influence your website ranking by a large extent, social media like Facebook can send tons of traffic to your website, which in turn will also boost your SERPs.

rkahn, May 3, 2019 IP
  4. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    absolutely. it's very important.

MatBerrows, May 4, 2019 IP
  5. onlinebusinesscasestudies

onlinebusinesscasestudies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, it depends on what you mean by social media marketing, but as long as you mean getting likes/shares/etc for your content then yes it's definitely a positive factor.

Here's a screenshot of a page of mine in the fitness niche:

[​IMG]

As you can see it has gathered over 2000 Fb shares and engagements over the years (I think 10k or more but Buzzsome has a 1 year limit to show, anyway...) and this page ranks rather well in Google for its target keyword. Granted, I also managed to build a lot of white hat backlinks to it with outreach strategies and the Skyscraper Technique, but

1, even before I started link building to it I saw a nice little upward movement for it in the SERPs after I started getting so many FB shares for it, so I think all those shares definitely sent a positive message to Google.

2, the social shares helped in one more way with SEO: I displayed a big Social Share Counter box on this page so that when I asked other people to link to it (you know with the outreach Skyscraper link building technique I mentioned earlier) it helped me get a "yes" from more people because they saw how popular the page was already.

So I'd say bottom line: yes, social signals do help a lot with SEO both directly and indirectly.

Steve

P.s.: Unfortunately I got all those thousands of shares back when my site was http and not https, and since I switched to https the social signal counter doesn't really work, that's why I had to rely on Buzzsumo data as proof that you can see for yourself.

6. Manish.ebiztrait

Manish.ebiztrait Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,
    If any page of your website is getting more engaged and popular in social media then its definitely affect on improving the ranking of that page on various search engines.

Manish.ebiztrait, May 7, 2019 IP
  7. FrazeTowne

FrazeTowne Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for sharing views. It was very informational.

FrazeTowne, May 7, 2019 IP
  8. FrazeTowne

FrazeTowne Peon

Best Answers:

9. FrazeTowne

FrazeTowne Peon

Best Answers:

10. harrys56431

harrys56431 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media has become very important part of every business & marketing. I think social media will help you in getting a high range of traffic to your website and it will also be impacting on the ranking of your website in SERP.

harrys56431, May 19, 2019 IP
  11. Clay Baker

Clay Baker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media is an essential piece of your business marketing strategy. Social platforms help you connect with your customers, increase awareness about your brand, and boost your leads and sales. With more than three billion people around the world using social media every month, it's no passing trend

Clay Baker, Mar 5, 2020 IP
  12. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Receiving traffic and engagement from all your social media networks definitely does count, therefore it is an important factor. It can also influence SERPs along with building a brand reputation and should not be ignored.

Sam Sabir, Apr 16, 2020 IP
  13. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First things first. If your content is good and valuable then it should be on social directly targeted towards your communities. Right now, I am not talking about its effect on SERPs. You need good and meaningful traffic? You can get it from social. It is as simple as that. Also, if your content is widely shared on social then you know you are gaining a clout, a sort of credibility in your community. So, it is always better to have social up and running.

LadyStarc, Apr 17, 2020 IP
  14. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social media don't have a direct impact on your rankings but it will definitely influence it. When your posts get viral on social media sites it will consider as most valuable for readers and search engines do give it an extra advantages.

iwebsocial, Apr 18, 2020 IP