1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Instagram Strategy - 30k followers and counting - advice?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by JamesONeill, Oct 12, 2016.

Hey guys,

This is just a post about the Instagram strategy I've been using to grow my pages recently. Some of my pages link to my e-commerce site, and I've found that I'm driving a fair amount of traffic to my site via Instagram. The rest of my pages I'm building up in the hope of monetising them in the future.

Please give me any tips you have, if you have Instagram experience. This strategy has been working really well for me so far.

1 – Provide Great Content

The first stage is pretty obvious. If you’re going to build a genuine fan base, you need to create something that is both interesting and engaging.

Planning is essential to help identify exactly which groups of people you are trying to engage, and which subjects you will focus on. In addition, creating a consistent feed, with each photo complimenting the other, boosts the general feel of your page and makes it clear exactly what your page is about.

2 – Target a Niche

Niche hashtags are one of the best places to start, especially with new pages. By finding a hashtag with a lower post volume, you are much more likely to be noticed. Over time, you may even be featured on the “Top Posts” sections, which draws huge amounts of attention to your page.

3 – Create Your Own Hashtag

Once you start to gain a small following, its a great idea to create your own hashtag. Then, in at least a few of your posts, encourage your fan base to use this hashtag too. For example, if you run a baking page called Boo_Bakes, start getting your followers to use #boobakes when they upload baking photos. Often, if the photos are high quality, you can then re-post this content on your own page with a link to the poster, which makes your page look super legit (as you clearly have fans) and provides free and easy content. But be careful to only do this for high quality posts.

4 – Share Content

When your following starts to pick up, it is a great idea to start messaging some of your followers, and other pages similar to yours, to ask if you can repost one of their photos. Not only does this provide easy content, it also allows you to start building connections with other users. More often than not, they will be willing to share one of your photos and link to your page.

Whilst Instagram is competitive, there are more than enough followers to go around, so helping out a similar page to yours is never a bad idea, especially if it gives your own page a boost!

5 – Engage!

Finally, and most importantly, engage with other users! Engage with your current followers by commenting on their photos and replying to their comments on your photos. Engage with potential followers by liking their photos (which is much easier and less likely to get you in trouble with Instagram than spam commenting / following). Engage with other big pages by tagging them in your photos and private messaging them.

Social media is exactly that – social. The only way to grow organically is to take part in the community which ultimately draws attention to your page. There are a few automation tools which make this a hell of a lot easier, but my favourite so far has been SocialGrow. I've tried Instagress, but it is overly complicated and I get the same results from SocialGrow without that complication.

What are other people's experiences with Instagram? Have you guys tried automation and how has it worked for you? Has anyone here built a page purely for the potential to monetise it?

SocialGrow - https://socialgrow.io
    Instagress - https://instagress.com

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    JamesONeill, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  2. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey
    30k took about 9 months. I wasn't using both bots at the same time - I have used one for a week or so, to test it out, but prefer SocialGrow.
    Yes - I love Instagram!

JamesONeill, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  3. shakiba.proba

shakiba.proba Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find some popular people's profile and check in their followers and start to follow them all. Many people are following back when you follow them.

shakiba.proba, Apr 16, 2018 IP
  4. makingafriend

makingafriend Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting if you create your own hashtag how will people be able to find your post. I do like your other ideas I am having trouble getting permanent followers on Instagram and my followers are dead on twitter.

This is the first I have heard of possibly making your own hashtag Do you think it could possibly help build followers?

makingafriend, Jul 14, 2018 IP
  5. Walleey

Walleey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a good way to increase your followers and you've made a good job! Making a good and regular postings on your page is already half of a job. All the other things are just additional ones. So you didn't even use any promotional services?

Walleey, Jul 26, 2018 IP
  6. Buzzoid

Buzzoid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The most important thing in promoting Instagram is the same content. Even when using the best bots from you, all of your account accounts will soon be unsubscribed. By the way, what do you think about the progress in messengers?

Buzzoid, Aug 24, 2018 IP
  7. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    The steps you've mentioned are the best ones for a good promotion. But on my example I've seen that promotional services don't help much. I mean it's very hard to gain even 10 000 followers even following the steps you've mentioned.

Warren Willy, Aug 31, 2018 IP
  8. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really good strategies you have used. I've also found following hashtags helps me grow to certain geographical regions or niches.

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Sep 3, 2018 IP
  9. Lester Reeves

Lester Reeves Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your strategy is definitely good. I think that with this one can achieve excellent results. But now there are excellent systems that would help you at first. I like using Instagram bots. Using them you can reach your target audience and attract users. I think this is a great start to the promotion.

Lester Reeves, Sep 3, 2018 IP
  10. Bob Reed

Bob Reed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I consider Instagram to be the most popular platform at present. There you can find absolutely any target audience. Ways to promote a huge variety. Thank you for sharing one of them.

Bob Reed, Sep 3, 2018 IP
  11. Instafamousguru

Instafamousguru Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Creating your own hashtags are great if you are a business and a brand. However, unless you are already known in your community it will be hard to convince new people who don't know you to use your hashtag. They have to believe they are part of your community if they use your hashtag...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
    Instafamousguru, Mar 4, 2019 IP
  12. JerryNoTom

JerryNoTom Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good strategy you described. Use Fuelgram's fuelgroups (just google it) in combination with that to increase post reach and gain more relevant followers organically.

JerryNoTom, Mar 5, 2019 IP
  13. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any specific tips for travel related gram accounts?

giorgioarmani, Mar 5, 2019 IP
  14. prowebmasterofficial

prowebmasterofficial Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think its good number !
    I have more followers than this in 15-20 days
    If u know the way its so easy to have 100k followers or more

prowebmasterofficial, Apr 17, 2019 IP
  15. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For some reason I can't hack instagram ..
    Iv' had great results with twitter, pinterest, facebook .. But none of my instagram accounts drive any significant traffic ..

Never used any bots, I always rely on organic methods .. maybe that doesn't cut it on instagram, seems everybody is using bots ...

Toon-c, Apr 21, 2019 IP
  16. shery19

shery19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great strategies, I'll try to make own hashtag. As well you need to create really high-quality content for subscribers and they'll recommend you to friends.

shery19, May 2, 2019 IP
  17. Agapay

Agapay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do you add a URL to your Insta Post? Is it possible?

Agapay, May 14, 2019 IP