1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone here using PrestaShop on their e-commerce website?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by MArki, Sep 6, 2016.

Hi All,
    Is there anyone here who uses PrestaShop on their e-commerce site? I'm seriously considering it as my platform for e-commerce. The software is free but some of their themes and modules are not and most premium modules are quite pricey. However, it can be used without the paid modules, and can be installed completely free on any web host. Could you share your experience with it, if you're using it? Thanks!

MArki, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  2. heymaxi

heymaxi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you need to calculate very carefully the modules/ extension / themes you would like to install before you go ahead with it. i was about to use prestashop 3 years ago, yes it's free, but modules are not - and all are charged in Euros and some of them can be very expensive. The developers of the modules are French so you need to accommodate the way they work, sometimes they reply slower than US developers and their English is not too good. But if you are French speaker it should be way better. Though Prestashop sites' graphic are really eye catching, but turn out i asked for refund for the first few modules installed because i m not a patient person and quit Prestashop.

heymaxi, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  3. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely work out exactly what modules you want. I decided to go against it, once opting for a wordpress/woocommerce site, and once opting for a shopify site.

Just calculate the costs of each, for your specific needs. Also consider how optimised each is, e.g. shopify is very well optimised for quick page loads which helps with SEO. There's lots of information about this online :)

JamesONeill, Oct 7, 2016 IP
  4. MArki

MArki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are some free modules available, mostly the basic ones. Did you get to try and use any of those free modules?

MArki, Nov 3, 2016 IP
  5. George Powell

George Powell Peon

Best Answers:
    PrestaShop is indeed a great choice for a beginning online retailer as well as for a quite hardened one, who simply wants to upscale their ecommerce to a new level. What I find wonderful about PrestaShop is how intuitive its admin panel is to work with - after a couple of times you navigate in it without any problem. Moreover, you were right, there is a rich variety of extensions and modules for PrestaShop, available at both official and third-party marketplaces. So I would definitely recommend this one.

George Powell, Apr 30, 2019 IP