1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Shopping vs Google Ads

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by UndrumDesign, Dec 10, 2018.

Hi guys,

Which of these platforms give you the best conversion rate?

My experience is that Google Shopping works best, but is often more expensive than a standard text ad in Google. Of course, it's a matter of how industry and product, but I want a general approach to this question.

Please share your experience.

UndrumDesign, Dec 10, 2018 IP
  2. Hdgenius

Hdgenius Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Google shopping is better at the conversion rate.

Now Google shopping open to every user, the price will be higher and higher.

Maybe should improve google ads performance and introduce Facebook or some new way

Hdgenius, Apr 25, 2019 IP
  3. Art Zabalov

Art Zabalov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there. Having worked on over 50 accounts, I'd say that it's usually vice-versa.

Google Shopping tends to be cheaper than Google Search Ads. CPCs usually range from $0.1 to $1.5 on Shopping, while the same keywords on Search can sometimes be 2x-3x that.

As for conversions, it follows the same trend, Google Shopping tends to produce a better conversion rate than Google Search. I don't recommend disregarding Google Seach, though. It's a great supplementary channel to Google Shopping, which can and will increase your revenue on top of Google Shopping and, if optimized well, could result in a very decent ROAS (400%+).

For informational purposes, here's a screenshot showing the difference between Search and Shopping's CPCs and Conversion Rates from an actual account.

Performance Stats_KOYA.png

Art Zabalov, Sep 30, 2019 IP