1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

lodging calendar framework

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Garth Hagerman, Apr 24, 2019.

I have a new client who offers a combination of indoor lodging and camping. They are not happy with their current calendar which keeps track of their reservations. I could develop a custom system from scratch, but that would be a big project (they're a non-profit and couldn't/don't want to pay for that) and it would involve re-inventing several wheels.

What I would prefer is a foundation to build on. I've looked at some open source solutions and they are way too complex. What I need is not a finished system, just a calendar grid with a list of rooms which can be set to various statuses depending on whether that room is booked on that night, and then I can cross-reference the reservations with info about the reserving parties. The calendar is for use by staff only. There's no public interface and no payment system needed.

I'm used to working in vanilla PHP and Mysql. Yes, I realize that sooner or later I'm going to have to get better at the OOP stuff.
    Does anyone know of a basic calendar grid which I could modify?

Garth Hagerman, Apr 24, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've been looking for something similar. When we have some time we'll be evaluating some motel systems we've found and some car rental systems. We're only after the backend and most demos seem focussed on customer interaction so we've got a bit of digging to do before we settle on a shortlist.

sarahk, Apr 24, 2019 IP
  3. smo

smo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a script which shows a grid of check boxes ( can be changed to different styles ) . Here the status can be changed to True or False . AT the back end it changes the record in a table. YOu can have room numbers as Vertical rows and dates of the month as top rows . This became a matrix and accordingly data can be updated also.

You can extend the backend to automatically update the status from your reservation system.

I have the tutorial on how to develop this grid system. Can send the link to you. You can download the script and play with it.

smo, Apr 29, 2019 IP