1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stripe Is a Horrible Credit Card Payment Processor

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by rnaderpo11, Mar 26, 2019.

If you are a business owner, you know that disputes and chargebacks are part of doing business. I am here to tell you that Stipe has one of the MOST horrible policies when it comes to disputes and chargebacks. They think that anything above 1% dispute rate is too high, wow, really? I only had two disputes out of hundreds of sales and one was clearly a scam from the buyer (he received and signed for the delivery and I have provided all the evidence). Yet they send me an email saying that I am under a 45 day monitoring period as if I am the one that is doing something wrong. I have enough stress and headaches for running a small business, now I have to worry about being put on a watch list by my credit card processor for scams done by scammers??? That is just pathetic policy. I watch every transaction like a hawk to make sure I am not being scammed and for one or two that go through, I am being put on a dam watch list as if I am the one scamming my customers and not the other way around.

rnaderpo11, Mar 26, 2019 IP
  2. bettertulip1972

bettertulip1972 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi, we are running high risk payment gateway in China, maybe i can help you ? we have one tech which can lower the charge back rate and make bank happy.

bettertulip1972, Mar 26, 2019 IP
  3. Johny888

Johny888 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, try some other then for instance: Paypal, G2a Pay or Klarna.

Johny888, Mar 27, 2019 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There are official 1% chargeback thresholds but they are 1% AND 100 chargebacks in a single month. That's a very poor service and doesn't make much sense if they're going down that road for a handful of chargebacks for hundreds of transactions.

jestep, Mar 27, 2019 IP
  5. Trey A.

Trey A. Peon

Best Answers:
    stripe is horrible. i had to switch for all of my e-commerce businesses to a high risk solution.

Trey A., Nov 2, 2019 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest... If a merchant accepts everyone and has a 30 second application process they will have a zero tolerance policy for any transaction that can cost them time or money... Their business model is targeted at entry level small businesses and individuals who most likely deals with small transaction volumes with minimal issues that require human customer service. As soon as your business requires their business to provide human resources you will be charged or denied. I think you should apply for a real merchant account and go through the process. There are TONS of API's and scripts that handle the processing. Stripe doesn't care if they boot you over a $15 charge back and you lose $500 when the credit card processing is disabled.

NetStar, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  7. paymenthuddle

paymenthuddle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do not use PayPal or Stripe if you are a high risk business, they are not geared for businesses like that. Jestep who replied earlier is 100% correct about chargebacks, these providers want less than 1%, anything over that puts you on notice. You may need to look overseas for a payment provider who is a little more flexible. Just so you know we help high risk merchants get matched with Payment Providers, we have a handful of payment providers in our network. If interested please shoot me an email offline -

paymenthuddle, Dec 13, 2019 IP