1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make money blogging

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Emmaaar18, Mar 20, 2019.

So I run a successful blog on Tumblr, We are number one on Google and we have a large following. The blog also has a successful Instagram which has over 10k followers now. Our Twitter is not up their with the numbers yet, But it has a dedicated following.

Now for a few months I have used affiliate marketing, At the moment I have more bad months then good. Saying that I have earned a fair amount of commission from it so it`s not all that bad. But at the moment things are slow and i`m wondering what I can do to pick it up? I am getting as many links out their as possible, But I don`t want to do it and turn people off.

Also, I am looking to go into sponsorship content etc but I am baffled as how to approach it. I have contacted brands but they either ignore me, don`t contact me back or they don`t do it right now. I`ve noticed people advertise on their IG stories for brands to contact them. But I need some guidance on this because I am new to sponsorship content.

I am looking at becoming a full time blogger, What advice would you give me?

Emmaaar18, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are the affiliate products you're marketing related to the subject of the site?

You will of course need to get your links out there if you want your blog site to be monetized. One method I use for that is to write two articles/posts with valuable content only and then one article/post with valuable content and include a link for a product that relates to the content.

Another technique you might try is to write reviews on products in the niche where your readers interest's lie. Make sure your reviews are honest and make them as unbiased as you can. You'll need to be knowledgeable about the product so it helps to use that product to learn how it works (and how well it works) before you write your review. Include your link for that product somewhere in the article. I prefer to place my links at the end but you can experiment with that.

JoeSpirit, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  3. Emmaaar18

Emmaaar18 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the links are associated with my blog, I have been using them for about a year now and must have well over 100 out their.

My blog is different to others, Where as most people`s posts are scheduled mine isnt. My blog is based on a music artists fashion and whenever that MA posts, I post. This can be spread across sporadically so can be as little or can be as many posts a day. However, My links are limited. I cannot put a affiliate link into every post of mine because about 80% of what they wear are designer and what person is going to buy a £900 coat, I also don`t see any designer affiliates out there. So yes my links are mainly shops you see on the HS or online. I think my posts is about a 100 (Maybe less) per week and less than half of that is affiliated links I can link too.

Emmaaar18, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I understand you correctly you're either marketing the wrong products or you're targeting the wrong prospects.

Since you're posting about the fashions that your MA wears then you need to find out where the people hang out who can afford those fashions and who are interested in buying those fashions. Or you need to start posting about a different MA. One who wears fashions that are affordable and interesting to the crowd that does follow your blog.

What I perceive right now is that your followers only come to your blog for the updates on your MA and have no interest in looking at what you have to offer.

JoeSpirit, Mar 21, 2019 IP
  5. arriva

arriva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it was interesting to read

arriva, Apr 7, 2019 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you dont build and email list you loose a lot of traffic .build a capture page on your website ,build trust with your audience and market to them products ,but the hard part its you make them to trust you by delivering value

Spartan14, Apr 7, 2019 IP
  7. RobertRay

RobertRay Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can sell your own product or service.

RobertRay, Apr 18, 2019 IP
  8. George Danke

George Danke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi!

A lot of website owners are seeking for a good writer, I think you should just find the preferable niche.

Good Luck!

George Danke, Jul 16, 2019 IP
  9. bertham.jhones

bertham.jhones Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that it's a great idea of yours to become a blogger and then you will see, I think you will get more offers from products owners

bertham.jhones, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  10. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to be a successful blogger and earn money with it, Tumblr isn't the right place. I would recommend to switch to a self-hosted platform like WordPress. This makes it much easier to monetize your site traffic. You can affiliate marketing, include ads, build an email list, and much more that Tumblr is not capable of. I hope you have a custom domain?

nshep, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  11. Emmaaar18

Emmaaar18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually disagree with you on that. A year so ago I moved the blog over onto WordPress and I managed to do so successfully, Infact it`s there just not being used. However I have no used because of the prices they offer and because it was hard setting up Google Adsense, Details I won`t go into as it`s just so complicated. I got some advice on moving to WP and I had people say to me that I was better off on Tumblr because it`s such a large blog and that I already have maintained a lot of work on it.

As for monetization, I`m not really that fussed to be honest. I can`t get Google Adsense as my blog doesn`t fall within their guidelines and probably never will. I can`t change much of the blog to get accepted otherwise people wouldn`t be interested. However I am monitoring the blog using Statcounter - Might not be the best but it`s fine with me, I can easily monetize and check progress.

I don`t really want to add ads to my blog as I believe that drives peoples away from your blog, We all experience ads and how annoying they can be. I can and actually have added ads to my blog page before and they were a moderate success I suppose you can say, Few sales came from them. However I did feel most of the time they annoyed people and stopped them coming from the site. But nevertheless I always have the option to ad them if I wish.

As for email list - I`m not quite sure yet. One and probably the only reason I would have it is because of copyright, Which has upscaled as of late and a lot of blogs/pages/people have been taken down for using their images etc. If a email list could prevent them from gaining access to the blog then that would be great.

Even though Tumblr may not be the best I do not want to risk moving my blog and losing it all. Despite the obstacles I have actually managed to overcome a few of them and insert other affiliated schemes into my page so I will see how those go. But for the mean time I`m sticking with Tumblr.

Emmaaar18, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  12. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems like you are talking about WordPress.com. That's the hosted version of WordPress that, I agree with you, is pretty limited. I meant the self-hosted version, which is what you can find on WordPress.org. It is free and allows you to build a website that you have full control over and can monetize to your heart's content. Just my two cents.

nshep, Sep 18, 2019 IP