1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal put me 7000 negative because the buyer scam me, what can I do?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by J33, Mar 16, 2019.

So, I sold a speaker for a buyer, and the guy sent money for me. That’s on hold for a while until the guy got his speaker and opened the money for me. Everything were fine, he texted me he was happy with the speaker blah blah blah so I withdraw my money to my bank and of course, spent it. And just couple days ago (1/2 month after I sold the speaker), I opened my PayPal and saw the money he sent on hold and my balance negative 7000!! He reported me to PayPal that he didn’t happy with my speaker and I didn’t sent him this that like I said. Ok, so when he got my speaker he complained to me that I forgot to sent him 2 things, and I explained for him that 1 thing isn’t including with the speaker, didn’t in the pictures I sent for him for what incuding, and another small cover for the speaker was a gift, not including with the original speaker but because I said I will give him that so after I realized that I forgot to pack it up for him then I already sent out and emailed him the tracking number of that. Even I sent him a brand new album to sorry because my forgotten :/ And now he report me to PayPal and they put me in negative, I already explained for them but they said they cannot do anything, I need to find a way with the buyer. And the buyer keep ignoring me and yelled with PayPal he wants his money back.

What I should do now? I cannot pay the money back because I already spent it, and the buyer still keep my speaker :| I don’t feel that I done anything wrong. Is this a scam? How I can fight back to get my money back? Or I should ignore the negative balance?

J33, Mar 16, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You can and you will repay the money. PayPal is not responsible for your problems with the buyer.

Go straight to the Police and lodge a theft claim and take copies of all emails, texts etc. They will be able to request info from PayPal to chase the so-called-buyer.

FWIW If you can't afford to lose the money you should always use escrow.

$7k is a lot to most people but you are responsible for your financial decisions.

FYI: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/120-in-paypal-need-advice.2855595/

sarahk, Mar 17, 2019 IP
  3. J33

J33 Peon

Best Answers:
    The problems with my buyer is he is trying to scam me, because I already sent him the speakers for him in mint condition & working great like what I promised when I sold that to him. We used the PayPal business transaction to do the selling, and PayPal charged me 300$ fee for that so I thought PayPal at least have responsible to work through this problem with me. Because when we did the selling, I sent PayPal all the tracking number, did all the things they asked me too (like ship to the exactly address in PayPal) or I did misunderstood about their business transaction? This is my first time using PayPal because the buyer requested it :( And honestly I cannot come up with 7000 to pay for the negative balance because I don’t have it, my family broken now, that why I sold my speaker to feed my kids.

And sorry for my English, this is not my first language

J33, Mar 17, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    PayPal have zero responsibility - they did exactly what you asked them to do.

You were naive and the buyer took advantage of that. Use the Police to track down the buyer and get your goods back.

Unfortunately, in business, there will be losses to staff that swipe freebies and customers who shoplift/steal. The dishonest look for people who are easy marks and if you look through your correspondence you'll probably find instances where they were testing your gullibility.

On the plus side if you have things in your home that you can sell for such exorbitant amounts you probably have something else you can sell if the Police can't help you recover this loss. I'd be furious if I found my husband had spent $7k on speakers - what were they worth when they were new? You were obviously loaded at some point.

sarahk, Mar 17, 2019 IP
  5. tokentikki

tokentikki Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal will just not help you at all. Better take care and follow preventing tips in order to not get chargeback

tokentikki, Apr 14, 2019 IP