1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One directory rising above

Discussion in 'Directories' started by madmn, Mar 12, 2019.

I think there will be one directory which will rival search engines in number of searches. It would need to solve the problem of having insufficient sites on top with a search algorithm. Below are factors I believe would be importaint in the ranking. This way the directory can be searched manually or by offered listings.

Spam
    Domain Strength
    Satisfaction
    Relevance
    Scale

And I think it will be a no follow directory

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2019
    madmn, Mar 12, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The directory would still need to crawl the web and index sites to build the moderation queue for the directory. Relying on humans to find every new site and assess it's quality isn't reasonable or feasible. The only advantage might be if it includes a rating system.

sarahk, Mar 12, 2019 IP
  3. madmn

madmn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes a rating system is necessary

rate websites 1 - 10,000 and rank them in categories they belong in. There will rarely be ties.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2019
    madmn, Mar 12, 2019 IP
  4. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The best chance of having one of these was DMOZ...and they're long gone. I don't see any web directories taking over search engines anytime soon.

FPForum, Jun 24, 2019 IP
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting outranked by directories like Capterra frequently. What they do is buy Google ads. In this way first you have Google ads, and then you have directories that bought the Google Ads. In many queries it can be 80% ads on page 1 of Google (Adwords plus directories).

dvduval, Jun 26, 2019 IP
    deluxdon likes this.