1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hell Real ? Big Warning of a lifetime

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by dess71, Jun 12, 2012.

1. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need to make your mind up here. Either your Bible contains discrepancies because it is written by humans - or it is written by humans under the guidance and direction of your god, in which case it should be faultless. There seems little point in an omnimax diety directing operations and then allowing his 'word' to be contaminated by omissions, additions, and errors.

I think you need to tell that to your Christian brothers and sisters, not me. I don't interpret 'prophecy' because I don't believe there is such a thing. Christians, on the other hand, apply personal interpretation to the Bible to such an extent that it has resulted in over 30,000 different denominations of Christianity, each of them convinced that it is only THEY that have the 'truth'.

Oh I do! I'm all for 'truth'. But you see, if something is true then it is supported by objective and verifiable FACTS...that is why it is called 'truth'. In the case of religious/biblical claims, those objective, verifiable facts do not exist. That is why you are instructed to believe with 'faith'. It's because there is no verifiable evidence for what you believe. Now I'm sure that you think 'faith' is a wonderful thing to have but in reality, it isn't. 'Faith' is what you use when the evidence tells you what you don't want to be true. Faith is the last refuge of those who have had their arguments defeated by logic and reason. Every single successfully con trick in the history of mankind has had one common denominator.... FAITH!

No we don't. It's only theists that believe the universe came into existence out of 'nothing'. Theists believe that their god 'created' the universe.....but from what? Either their god created it from 'nothing', or the materials were already there. If they were already there, what is stopping the universe being created through natural means...and if they were not there, then you believe that something can come from nothing...right?

...because there is no objective, verifiable evidence for the claim that there IS some powerful person behind it. Why don't you believe in fairies, mermaids, pixies, leprechauns etc?? It's because you see no verifiable evidence for them isn't it? Well it's the same with atheists and gods. We just add gods to the list of fairies, mermaids, pixies, leprechauns. There are thousands of examples of primitive, superstitious, imaginary deities which Christians use simple logic and critical thinking to dismiss, yet they don’t seem able to use that very same logic and critical thinking with which they dismiss other superstitious nonsense....to dismiss their own superstitious beliefs.

Evidence, verifiable and objective is the key. If it does not exist for something then there is no logic or reason to believe that such a thing exists.

Yes. Do you have and evidence to suggest otherwise?

No, the same does not hold true for the universe. What you are bringing up now is called 'The Watchmaker' analogy and it fails miserably. When we see a house, a painting, a car etc, we know that it has been 'created' by someone and the reason for that is that we know that houses, paintings and cars do not appear NATURALLY and therefore, must have been created by someone. The universe is an entirely different matter, We know that thing DO happen NATURALLY in nature.

Would that be the 'intelligence' that puts food and air down the same tube causing death from choking?? The 'intelligence' that put a cavity between the ovary and the fallopian tube to cause death from ectopic pregnancy? Would it be the intelligence that causes the male testes to migrate through the abdominal wall into the scrotum, causing two weak points in the abdominal wall where hernias can later form??? Oh yeah...that's 'intelligent' all right! I could fill a page with examples of the extremely poor 'design' of the human body.

Oh dear! Not the old...'There are no atheists in foxholes' gag!! Well let me tell you - THERE ARE!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    pladecalvo, Jun 25, 2012 IP
  2. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay Sir I am pretty much done. Of course I am no scholar but I believe I pointed some issues to think. Whatever you said is no strange to me because people's mind can go as far as you let it. But do you know that even people in the Bible argued with God. Job seems to have a just cause to argue but you know something? This is what he said at last when he saw God "I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes.I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance". Job 42: 5. That is exactly what you will say when you get in touch with Him. I know it because I have been there.

Even Paul argues in his writings and in Romans 3:4 he says "yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.." You can't beat God period!

I can see that there can be misunderstandings of the scriptures among different people but that doesn't mean the Bible is not true. There are definitely so many secrets in there however the basic thing is clear For "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16
    If I could not understand some scripture, I should ask God in prayer. That is what I would do.

I know that this is totally meaningless to you but as I said before even science has its own confusion: things that are not understood. Does that mean science is meaningless? No.

I think as for me I have come to an end of my posts on this thread. Best of wishes.

dess.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    dess71, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  3. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Clearly....in which case, perhaps you should listen to those that are rather than listening to the purveyors of 2000 year old mythology.

Not to me you didn't. All I saw you do is quote from a 2000 year old book that is riddled with inconsistency, contradiction and in many cases, downright untruths.

'Job' is a mythical Bible character...just like 'Jesus The Christ' is.

...only in your head!

The Bible contains inconsistencies, additions, subtractions, contradictions and downright untruths. That means that it CANNOT be trusted. I have given you the verifiable evidence for that.

...but I do understand your scriptures. That much is clear in that I have rebutted every one of your claims and you have had no answer than to quote scripture at me. .....which is the same as saying 'the Bible is true because the Bible says it's true'. It is an ineffective circular argument.

..but what if science is saying something that is demonstrably incorrect and scientist, even when shown the inescapable proof that it is wrong, continue to insist that it is correct. Would that be acceptable to you?

That's OK dess! I suppose that when you have no argument left the only thing left is to bury your head in the sand. See ya!

pladecalvo, Jun 27, 2012 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since EVERYONE goes to hell, what is your point?

mmerlinn, Mar 8, 2019 IP
  5. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who said everyone goes to hell? This universe has a owner and you can't heir heaven if you are not His child which is found only by believing in Jesus His son. People make their children heirs so does God. Children of men are blood related and so are children of God.

dess71, Mar 9, 2019 IP
  6. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    YOUR Bible says that, so I suggest you either quit lying or STFU.

mmerlinn, Mar 9, 2019 IP
  7. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't say that bro. Only those who doesn't accept God's salvation go to hell.

dess71, Mar 10, 2019 IP
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Nonsense. You need to study your Bible more.

mmerlinn, Mar 10, 2019 IP
  9. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    John 3:18

dess71, Mar 11, 2019 IP