1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trouble finding a plug in- valuations / number averaging

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by anguspm, Feb 26, 2019.

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance for your assistence.

I am looking for a plugin where the user can submit a valuation and this will calculate and display a value that is the average of all the user valuations.

Ie

User 1 values at 100
    User 2 values at 110
    User 3 values at 90

Displayed next to the item is a box that simply says "Based on 3 user valuations item is valued at 100"

Values that will be used range from
    0 to 99999

Cheers!

anguspm, Feb 26, 2019 IP
  2. AttaboyRoi

AttaboyRoi Member

Best Answers:
    @anguspm , you will have to give more detail. is the value pre-set for each user? Can a user set value at 99999? Do the users see their values?

I might be off with little detail, but there are badge and reward plugins that could match your needs. If it's simple, you could have it coded in PHP or similar.

AttaboyRoi, Mar 4, 2019 IP
    anguspm likes this.
  3. anguspm

anguspm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many thanks for the response.

The value is not pre set. Its basically a number box with no set value but covers from 00001 to 99999.

The user will see the image and enter their personal valuation... eg "I think this is worth $100" so they enter 100. This value of $100 is then displayed next to the image as the "Valuation".

Next user comes along, repeats the process, and values at $90 so they enter "90". Automatically the value of $100 updates to $95 (Average of the number of valuations, 100+90 / 2 = 95)

If this doesnt fit with the current Badge / reward plug ins available, hiow much would the php coding cost? Just a ballpark estimate as I was really hoping a plugin already exists.

Many thanks!

Angus

anguspm, Mar 7, 2019 IP
  4. AttaboyRoi

AttaboyRoi Member

Best Answers:
    I had a look for a plugin to meet your needs, but I didn't see anything that specific. I suggest you post in the marketplace to see if anyone could code that for you.

AttaboyRoi, Mar 11, 2019 IP
    anguspm likes this.
  5. anguspm

anguspm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for taking the time to do that, Most appreciated

anguspm, Mar 14, 2019 IP