1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I generate income from an affiliate site without constantly adding new content?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Arlene Howley, Feb 14, 2019.

Can I generate income from an affiliate site without constantly adding new content?

Arlene Howley, Feb 14, 2019 IP
  2. game world

game world Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. But that will depend on the quality of the content you have already created.

Make sure the content you are talking about are thorough and complete.

These type of content in the blogging world is known as pillar content.

game world, Feb 15, 2019 IP
  3. Janet Travis

Janet Travis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can. You don't even need a website to promote affiliate offers with affiliate networks like Clickbank. Saying that if you want to promote your brand and website then adding content is the best way to get organic traffic from the search engines.

Janet Travis, Mar 8, 2019 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe.

Depends on the quantity of content you have already published. If you have a large number of posts on the site then people searching for your keywords might find those posts.

It also depends on the quality of the content you have published. If your articles don't give value why would anybody want to read them?

But if you want the search engines to send visitors your way you'll need to publish fresh content on a continuing and consistent basis. If your content is old and stale it won't serve the search engine's customers.

You can send paid traffic to the site for income generation. But then again, the content you have there must be enough to entice that traffic to hang around - both quantity and quality wise.

My question for you is "Why do you have the site?" If you're only looking for an income and don't intend to be of service to the community of your niche I suspect you have some hard lessons in your future.

JoeSpirit, Mar 10, 2019 IP
  5. Sara Alfred

Sara Alfred Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am new to affiliate marketing and my question is, there is another way of generating a lead for my affiliate marketing product. Any solution will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Sara Alfred, Mar 11, 2019 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are numerous ways of generating traffic Sara.

Go to the "Search Forums" tab at the top of this page and enter "affiliate marketing." You'll find a whole list of threads about the subject. Keep in mind that some of the information you'll read in those threads comes from members who aren't necessarily experienced in marketing. Look for the veterans and study their offerings.

There's a wealth of information if you take the time to sort it out.

JoeSpirit, Mar 11, 2019 IP
  7. J.C.Anderson

J.C.Anderson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course you can get traffic to your website, but without interesting content the retention metrics would be poor: visitors will close your website in a fwe minutes. As search engines evaluate the average time spent on your website to find out whether it is interesting for visitors or not, you should pay attention to this aspect. This will be also important for those whom you will offer to place his ads on your website to monetize it.
    The content itself and the periods of its reneval are also important for search engines, as they are looking for websites with unique content.
    In fact, it is not so diffcult to create new content - you can write news and/or reviews despite of your niche.

J.C.Anderson, Mar 13, 2019 IP
  8. arkinfo

arkinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    It also depends on the quality of the content you have published. If your articles don't give value why would anybody want to read them?

arkinfo, Apr 17, 2019 IP
  9. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Nice question Indeed. The answer is NO if you want to get results (earnings) for years after working for a couple of months. And the answer is YES if you want earnings for several months after working for a couple of years. This is the case when you do affiliate marketing as Google guidelines suggest.

Besides this general answer, it is also possible that after getting top ranks for your keywords you just stick to the top ranks for years without doing anything (not updating any ranked page, not adding any new page in the website, making no links, no social media signal). It happened to me a couple of times. But I did some real SEO in starting.

Hope this helps!!

Mr_Kumar, Apr 18, 2019 IP
  10. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes you can.
    If you rank for keywords that brings you traffic that converts into sales consistently, you don't need to post content to your blog any more if you don't want too.

Just maintain your search engine ranking.
    That doesn't take much if you are in an easy niche.

You can also use your Blog mainly as a landing page, and send visitors to an affiliate product.

Promote your blog on places like Quora, forums, and social media sites to get consistent traffic that can get you sales.

You can make money with a static page on a blog. Posting content is not required, only if you want to target new keywords.

IMDaniel, Nov 23, 2019 IP
  11. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea you can but it will not be for so much time
    also the post you have they need to be veryy good ranked to give you income

Spartan14, Nov 23, 2019 IP
  12. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the money to spend paid traffic would be the way to go. With paid traffic you will have to keep testing to see what works.

kb24, Dec 20, 2019 IP
  13. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you read john chow blog and garry conn blogs.

jaguar34, Jan 1, 2020 IP