1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not related to code changes. I am actually getting positive feedback from many advertisers due to availability of popunder.
    I will be soon sending out a newsletter to bring back advertisers who stopped buying our traffic once popunder stopped working on Chrome.

Code tweaks do not affect rates instantly, more in like 2-3 months period.

tomksoft, Feb 28, 2019 IP
  2. Chris Pandey

Chris Pandey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    @tomksoft

Popads is by far the best advertising network for pop up ads because of its amazing CPM & On-Time payments.
    Also, that's really thoughtful of you to constantly make the system better & more reliable & I am really thankful for that!
    But this time, the blank pop up might not be a good idea sir. It is driving my traffic insane & users are really frustrated.

Let me explain: I own several tube sites & every tube sites contains videos which have their own pages be it movies or X-rated videos.
    The videos are, hosted on video hosts eg: openload, rapidvideo, streamango, vidoza etc.
    Every video host is using popads.net popunders because of your amazing CPM.

Now every time users are browsing the websites they are getting blank pop ups[every time with every click on every page]
    because every page (containing videos) has the iframe & those iframes contains adcodes(video host's). So if someone isn't even watching anything, they are still getting pop ups every single time (which is annoying & frustrating)

Therefore, I beg of you to please disable that blank popunder because It's not feasible & publishers & fellow webmasters will be forced to use the video hosts which do not use popads.net

I really hope you understand our situation & need to take care of the users.

Thanks for reading,

Best regards,

Chris.

Chris Pandey, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  3. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Unfortunately, there is not much we can do here. For example, Openload uses same code as we do, however they use it to open ads from different adnetworks. Even if I ban Openload at PopAds, they will still be displaying ads exactly same way as it is now.
    On your website you can control how many ads to display, but neither you nor me can control what happens on video hosts. I would advise you to raise the issue with video hosts themselves.

Perhaps today we will extend the Code Generator with new option to disable the prepop functionality, but again - it won't really matter if a video host uses it.

tomksoft, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  4. crystygye

crystygye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the blank pop up killed everything. Not even a google update do that kind of damage on traffic, like the blank pop up.
    @Chris Pandey : openload will not stop the blank pop (they clearly said it on skype), streamango and streamcherry are openloads websites, etc.

You need to drop all the popads affiliation. We already start removing openload and all video sources witch use popads; on streaming websites.
    It is just what it is: they don't care about you, they only care about money.

crystygye, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  5. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I would love to get some more details on how exactly "blank pop up killed everything". I honestly do not really understand.
    Here is what happens (worst case scenario, with prepop enabled, on Chrome):
    1. Visitor loads your website and does any action that allows to open a popup. This includes a click, but also other actions like refreshing page with ctrl+r for example. We use the new Chrome userActivation API so we do not even know what was the user action, all we know is that the browser allows to open a popup right now (and that permit lasts for about 1 second). Popups NEVER open without user generated event. It is simply not technically possible.
    2. We open the mini popup in bottom right corner. It is as small as it is only possible. It is as out of the way as only possible.
    3. In the meantime, we receive response from our adserver. If we do not have a visitor for you, the mini popup will be closed automatically. Otherwise:
    4. The minipopup is waiting for the visitor to click anywhere on your page. As soon as that happens, it goes to background, maximizes itself and loads the ad, becoming a popunder.

Additional stuff:
    - If your page is closed/navigated away etc, the prepop is opened and there was no response from our adserver, the prepop will close itself automatically.
    - If you attempt to interact with the prepop (ie. instead of clicking on the publisher page to make the minipop go to background), possibly to close it, it will fight back. It will start blinking. To stop it, just click on your website anywhere so it goes to background. That is all the mini pop wants to do.
    - If minipop is open and it is in foreground and not closed for like a minute or two, it will maximize itself and load an ad becoming a popup.

Please let me know what exactly is the problem.

In other news, we have disabled PopAds anomaly detection system as we fully rely on Adscore filtering now. This means that accounts won't be locked for traffic anomalies any more(if your account is currently locked, you still have to contact support).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    tomksoft, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  6. alexkapor

alexkapor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft : Ty alot! you are guys are the best since i start using Popads (in 2014) , everythings is Fine!

Long life Popads <3

alexkapor, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  7. Chris Pandey

Chris Pandey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello
    @crystygye
    Yes, I too have gotten rid of all the openload links. If popads.net will provide the function to disable prepop functionality, I'll try to persuade nicos from rapidvideo & other video hosts to disable prepops.

Best Regards,
    Chris.

8. Chris Pandey

Chris Pandey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello
    @tomksoft
    Thanks, the information was detailed & helpful.
    I believe what really killed @crystygye 's traffic was blank popup attacks from too many iframes present on the same page, see before prepop users have to click on the video to get a pop up, now they click or scroll anywhere they are bombarded with 3-4 blank popups because of 3-4 iframe sources present on the page.
    Also, if there are 2 iframes with same prepop(blank pop up functionality) enabled, then they create functionality issues. eg: users cannot go back as back button has been thrown in a loop & doesn't seem to work.

Best regards,
    Chris.

9. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I too suspect the problem will be many codes inside iframes, the problem is there is nothing I can do about this, as due to different origins, these adcodes are not aware of each other.
    I do not think scrolling triggers a new window, what I saw so far was clicking and certain hotkeys like ctrl+r. Also, our code should not affect back button in any way(unless ad opens as a tabunder, but vast majority of impressions are popunder anyway).

tomksoft, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  10. crystygye

crystygye Active Member

Best Answers:
    So it's seems that openload make some weired things on iframes and ad system and this was not popads fault. Now i understand. It's only openload to blame for what they do but this topic is only about popads.
    Thanks tomksoft for clearing the situation out.

crystygye, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  11. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Not like anyone is doing weird things on iframes, but code to do popunder on chrome is tricky. It is tricky when it is ran once. But when it is ran from few different iframes at once, issues might occure.
    I have identified some potential problems and I will be pushing an update(either in few hours or in next 24h, depending on test results).

In next update:
    - Support for <base target="_blank">
    - Additional logic for handling of minipop and prepop to reduce issues.
    - Additional logic for automatic topmostlayer to reduce issues.
    - Option to disable prepop from code generator setting.
    - Fix option to disable topmostlayer.

tomksoft, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  12. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I have pushed an update(due to cache, give 2h from the time of posting). A bunch of bugfixes as mentioned above.
    Settings for prepop will be exposed in code generator in coming days.

tomksoft, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  13. dmitry.nikolaevich

dmitry.nikolaevich Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello tomksoft.
    I have a problem with make a deposit through Paypal (and credit card)
    When I try to make a deposit I get the following message:

We have detected certain anomaly in your browser or Internet connection due to which we cannot allow you to make a deposit.
    Please make sure not to use any kind of:
    - VPN or proxy connection. This also includes residential proxy services like Hola.
    - Remote desktop or virtual machine.
    - Privacy enhancing browser extensions like WebRTC blocking or browser fingerprinting extensions.

I'm not using any of those you mentioned, I'm using my computer (sometimes my laptop) and my normal internet at home, so I do not know why I get that error.

I'll send email to support (26.02.2019), and recieve this answer:
    Thank you for letting us know. Please be assured that your valued feedback will be passed onto our management team for consideration.

It's all. My problem not solved.

You can help me?

My data popads are the following:

Username: nikolaevich

Greetings tomksoft.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    dmitry.nikolaevich, Mar 1, 2019 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I am sorry for the problem, please try now.

tomksoft, Mar 2, 2019 IP
  15. marzu

marzu Member

Best Answers:
    are we going to see a rate increase on india anytime soon?

marzu, Mar 2, 2019 IP
  16. dmitry.nikolaevich

dmitry.nikolaevich Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you really wizzard. It worked.
    Thanks so much!!!
    Have a nice day

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    dmitry.nikolaevich, Mar 2, 2019 IP
  17. Baker2

Baker2 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Tomksoft!

My account "You are not allowed to make withdrawals. Please contact support."

i send pm

Baker2, Mar 3, 2019 IP
  18. MadKelevra

MadKelevra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is this already working?

MadKelevra, Mar 4, 2019 IP
  19. MadKelevra

MadKelevra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I still have same issues...
    first click blocked on chrome... popup delay doesnt work. etc
    I am thinking seriously in moving to exoclick pops for a few months... My stats (google analitycs) sucks with this new popup code... I have lost 2min average page on time after this code update..

MadKelevra, Mar 6, 2019 IP
  20. ahmede

ahmede Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone seeing this feature yet?

ahmede, Mar 10, 2019 IP