1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Upgrading CentOS

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by qwikad.com, Feb 13, 2019.

In my WHM there's this note:

On November 30, 2020, CentOS will stop supporting CentOS 6 on all systems, including your server. At that time CentOS will no longer provide bug, security, or feature updates. We encourage you to migrate to a server using CentOS 7 before November 30, 2020. Information about cPanel Inc.‘s deprecation plan will be forthcoming.

Has anybody already migrated to a new server? If you have, how long did it take (several hours, 24 hours, 48+ hours) and did you have to jump through a lot of hoops? What makes more sense, migrating to a new server or maybe simply buying a new dedicated package (in my case from Hostgator) that already has CentOS 7 and then canceling the old one? And lastly, will any of you just stay with CentOS 6 and not migrate at all? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    qwikad.com, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  2. Ultrabasic

Ultrabasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Best option there is to purchase new package. If you don't have experience at migrating or you are scared it is not recommended to do that for obvious reasons, especially if your server has lot of activity. I is always good choice to pay expert in that field just to be safe or better option if you have some spare money it is highly recommended to purchase that package you are mentioning.

Ultrabasic, Feb 19, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. SysAFF

SysAFF Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well for me I have been around Centos 7 and 6 but in my opinion 6 has been very good for me I didn't have any problems I mean and leaving it just because it won't be support isn't a reason. you can notice the same thing with Ubuntu

SysAFF, Feb 20, 2019 IP