1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Monetising a Small Blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Charlie Miller, Feb 19, 2019.

Hi all,

I think my blog is too young/doesn't yet have enough content to be accepted into adsense, does anyone have any recommendations of alternative advert platforms to use to start earning a small amount of money, perhaps with less stringent conditions?

Does signing up and subsequently displaying adverts from other platforms blacklist you in anyway from using adsense in the future?

I guess i should have asked this question first but is adsense actually the industry standard still or is there better options around? my Blog is original, non-offensive or adult content,

Any help would be greatly appriciated,

Thanks all,

Charlie

Charlie Miller, Feb 19, 2019 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No you won't get blacklisted for using other ad platforms prior to signing up to adsense. AdSense is still a leader in this space but there are other great options once you get substantial traffic, page views.

To be honest, I'd focus on creating content and getting the traffic first. Ad's not only slow down your pages but also hurts user experience. It's just not worth pursuing for .50-$1.00 a day on new, low traffic sites.

What kind of site is it? Informational? Product related?

kjh-08, Feb 19, 2019 IP
  3. Charlie Miller

Charlie Miller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hadn't really thought about the speed aspect, so thanks for that. I'll take your advice and focus on the content, i'm been busy over the last couple of months so the frequency has really dropped off.

It's just informational for an Xbox/PS4 Game, any opinions/critiques would be appriciated,

Arthursjournal.com

I figured it's ok posting links on here as they're no follow?

Thanks again,

Charlie Miller, Feb 19, 2019 IP
  4. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try with https://www.mgid.com/ alternative to Adsense . If your dont have much content much as of now. I recommend to post some quality content and increase your traffic. You can also look to sell ad space directly with your own advertising plugin.

AlphaNine_Vini, Feb 27, 2019 IP
  5. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think adsense its a waste of time because for 1000 visitors you get only 1or 2$ instead i will promote affiliate offers and build and email list .For example from visitors i can get 300 leads and also 1 conversion and i can target that leads for many times

Spartan14, Apr 6, 2019 IP
  6. Conformist

Conformist Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense seems to be a good option in case it is possible to bring traffic to the page / website. With very limited views and little activity, I was actually able to rake in some 3.5 USD in a short while.

Conformist, Sep 3, 2019 IP