1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The New Career Discussion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by degreubiwa, Feb 17, 2019.

As I have accepted that SEO is dead and will be moving to work as a Peon or Sweeper in a small office within few weeks if I gets selected for a new job.
    In Novemeber-December 2018 and January 2019 I tried and appeared for interviews of Wordpress Theme developer like in 7 "Pvt Ltd" companies and got rejected in all of them.
    I assume because SEO is dead the career of Web Developer is dead also.
    Discuss about the career options you are going to switch to after accepting or has accepted that SEO is dead.

degreubiwa, Feb 17, 2019 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    SEO isn't dead... stop talking nonsense you know nothing about just to sell signature links.

Web developers aren't needed either? LOL this guy is a fruitcake.

dcristo, Feb 17, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There's tons of work for programmers. I know a company in Sydney, Australia that can't hire people fast enough.

sarahk, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  4. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm sure you wish you lived in Australia. Am I right? :)

dcristo, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep, my interaction with them was as a client and their staff were treated really well. If I was looking for a job I'd be hammering on their door.

The big fly in the ointment was that even though the programmers would be on damn fine pay packets they all still lived an hour or more away from the cbd. It's quite a different experience when you get to stay in the centre of Sydney - that's gorgeous. The reality is somewhat different.

Oh, and over in NZ, we can walk outside in summer without frying and our wildlife doesn't try to kill us!

sarahk, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What happened with your site with all the forums that you recently launched, has it not worked out?

Spoiltdiva, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  7. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    I spent 12 hours for 4-5 days looking for backlinks on blogs and all came up was no-follow blogs that allow commenting there and I don't think that content will even get indexed on a forum website without backlinks.

Back in 2011-2012 when there was no such thing as do-follow or no-follow I got 5 niche blogs to rank on top 5 of Google within 5 months and was earning more than $800 per month with them for 2 years till some affiliate programs closed down used on these blogs or their rankings dropped of their own. I use to have SEO professional day job also til 2016-December when all Tech-Support-Scam websites got completely penalized from Google and got de-indexed by Google for Black-hat backlinks they use to do... At this time I decided that SEO is dead and few other people are also saying same thing.

I have also checked Gurgaon office complex which is almost empty now from where many tech-support websites use to run now penalized in Google. Many of these offices are now empty and have paper stickers that says they are out for rent.
    I will better be off doing peon's job now and will keep adding content on my forum for now.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    degreubiwa, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That is good to read, never give up. The difference between those who make it and those who don't is that they never completely surrender. It's o.k. to be down or discouraged on occasion, but it's never o.k. to give up.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So your site was a tech support scam?

sarahk, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I assume the website made people aware of the scams which is hilarious considering the call centre scam operations are based in his country.

dcristo, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is important to note that SEO is not the end-all, be-all for Internet Marketers or web developers. I agree that, for the most part, SEO is now a sucker's game with Google changing its algorithms to ensure that almost no one can succeed at SEO. But that does not mean that IM is dead as there are many other marketing options available to enterprising websites.

jrbiz, Feb 19, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.