1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Novice alert: How would I go about creating a website like this?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by devonsm, Jan 13, 2019.

I'll keep it short and sweet. I just bought a domain through google domains and I'm looking to set up a portfolio that looks similar to this (a photographer named noah kalina who has a lot of amazing work)

http://noahkalina.com/

Again I'm completely new to this world and I have no idea what kind of code is being used but im super interested in diving in. What do I have to do to get a website like this? Thank you!

devonsm, Jan 13, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Call it a hunch but...you wouldn't happen to be Noah Kalina would you?;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 13, 2019 IP
  3. devonsm

devonsm Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. Just a fan who knows absolutely nothing about web design.

devonsm, Jan 13, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Get WordPress, put in a portfolio theme, use the admin tools to tweak accordingly.
    How much you spend depends on how much handholding you want - time is money so sometimes it's worth spending $100 on a decent theme to get the job done quickly and easily. Beware, use the demos to ensure that you only spend that $100 once!

sarahk, Jan 13, 2019 IP
  5. dana miller

dana miller Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a great minimalist design for a photographer. But as I see it is not finished.

And I can guess that maybe it is made with website building platforms. So using my experience I can recommend you to look through these templates https://weblium.com/create-photography-website. Maybe you would be interested in this platform or would be inspired in design only and main idea. You can implement them on different platforms (mentioned Weblium, Wordpress, GoDaddy, Wix etc). But look through very clearly and I think you will find the best.

dana miller, Feb 15, 2019 IP