1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it worth to use Mandrill + Mailchimp for ecommerce websites?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LucasEd, Feb 9, 2019.

Hi. I'm setting the email newsletter for my ecommerce project and found out that Mailchimp doesn't allow to use variables in the letters. I.e. by using Mailchimp I won't be able to send each client an automate letter with the link to his personal billing page from a profile. To do this Mailchimp recommends to use additional platform Mandrill.com But this makes everything more complicated.

That's why I have two following questions:

1) Who did use Mandrill - what will you say about it? How good does it work for a newsletter? Are there any moments you can tell about?
    2) What are alternatives of Mandrill + Mailchimp? Perhaps there is other email marketing service which can do this without any troubles via one dashboard and without all these difficulties?

Thank in advance for your recommendations.

LucasEd, Feb 9, 2019 IP
  2. LucasEd

LucasEd Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone used Mandrill before? Is it really not so popular that I see so many comments in this thread? :)

LucasEd, Feb 11, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've been using Mandrill with a client for years and it's awesome value for money.

We do our own subscribe/unsubscribe in our CRM and website and it lets us maintain a single list, we don't upload lists to MailChimp so we're able to run at the minimum price point. The CRM integrates with a user's personal mailchimp account via api so if they create a newsletter in MailChimp we can pull it back into our system add the personalisation tags for our database and sent out the hybrid.

We can track every email the system has ever sent them and with Mandrills webhooks we track if the email was opened and if links were clicked. I had someone complaining that they didn't know something quite important and I could see that they'd received the info, and clicked through.

There are other companies such as mailgun and I'm sure they're just as good but my experience is with Mandrill.

sarahk, Feb 11, 2019 IP
  4. Iscander

Iscander Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly, using Mandrill is really expensive. Secondly, the presence of a confirmation letter remains mandatory.

I recommend to use https://aws.amazon.com/ses/ - this is cheap - $1 for 10 000 letters and also you can turn on Single Opt-in. I.e. no confirmation letters. And at the same time Amazon is doing its job well.

Iscander, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    $10/month isn't going to break the bank - and that's all you pay for Mandrill. MailChimp might be costly but this isn't about MailChimp.

sarahk, Feb 14, 2019 IP