1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fake bad reviews on Google MyBusiness

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jedineka, Nov 20, 2018.

Hy all !

I want to know how do you handle fake bad reviews on Google MyBusiness. How do i know are fake : name/happenings described in the reviews, are not in our books. One even mistake our business with other.
    I have flagged the 3 reviews (all 1 star), but nothing yet from Google.
    I know, we need to give good services for clients, we need to get more positive reviews, but, i neeed to clear the fake ones.
    Any ideas?

Jedineka, Nov 20, 2018 IP
  2. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try to identify any lack of service that happened in past. Do you see the date of reviews posted their ? What I believe you need to reach those clients directly and request that to remove those reviews. I am not sure if Google will respond or they will take time. Best is to investigate and identify the user/client.

AlphaNine_Vini, Nov 20, 2018 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Stop worrying about it.

If you are focusing on "fake" negative reviews then you clearly aren't doing enough to get positive reviews. You need a reputation strategy. Do you respond to the positive reviews? Do you respond to the negative reviews to address concerns? If you can't respond then simply move pass it. Negative reviews of a product or service are expected by consumers in 2018. In fact, if you don't have a poor review something is fishy to the average savvy person. Don't focus on the things you can't control... focus on what you can control... like providing a positive experience for someone to leave positive reviews.

NetStar, Nov 23, 2018 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  4. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fake comments are usually made from fake accounts. You have to justify that in your comments/blog section. Sometime these people make a fake account, make 1 or 2 fake comments and than forget. This expose them.
    You can also contact them but I don't think its going to worth your effort. Just trace them down and expose them. But try you don't have to defame anyone. Just protect your version. I am the person who always look for reviews and it matters how a company respond to negative or fake comments.

c4cyber, Nov 26, 2018 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since you have flagged those fake bad reviews, Google will first check the reviews and then respond you back. You can't remove them by yourself.

MilesWeb, Nov 29, 2018 IP
  6. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I have talked about 5 times with Google. I hope they will fix this.

Jedineka, Dec 3, 2018 IP
  7. Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to identife the IP adresess of the users that left the negative reviews. Perhaps, they left it from the same computer IP, using VPN or somebody ask to leave bad reviews. Everything is possible, because your competitors play dirty games. Can you delete the reviews? Sry for the stupid questions, but I used Google Mybusiness only several times and don't have enough experience.

Ian Murphy, Dec 4, 2018 IP
  8. sdm68

sdm68 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately fake reviews are always gonna happen. If the one star review is with a comment I advise my clients to always respond courteously and say something like this:
    “I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with us. Upon receiving your review, we immediately checked our records to identify you so we could investigate the issue. We did not, however, find your name in any of our records. Nevertheless, we take great pride in our customer service and satisfaction so we'd like to put this right. Please contact [your name] at [your office number / email], and I’d be happy to address the issues contained in your review.”
    Flagging it to Google won't always do any good, but you can also try sending messages to @GoogleMyBusiness on Facebook or @GoogleMyBiz on Twitter.
    From a reputation management point of view a mix of good and bad reviews is nothing to worry about, but if they are potentially damaging the best thing to do is bury them under a mountain of good honest 4-5 star reviews from real satisfied customers.

sdm68, Jan 30, 2019 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If all else fails then spend a bit of money and turn it over to these guys: guaranteedremovals.com

Spoiltdiva, Jan 30, 2019 IP
  10. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I managed to resolve this issue with Google directly. I have called them and told them that we cannot find the customers in our records, that we can show them all the records of our clients. Also, i told them that if they don`t remove the reviews, after we propose them to show all the customers records, we will sue them, because is an image problem, that affects our business.
    After about 10 calls (more than 3 hours of talking) and about 5-7 emails, they removed all the reviews.

Jedineka, Feb 3, 2019 IP
  11. TuesZ

TuesZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How the h*ll did you call Google?

TuesZ, Feb 25, 2024 IP
  12. Agalak

Agalak Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try to somehow report those accounts if you believe they are fake. If they have only one review on their count, which is yours, then I guess you can report them.
    Still, I'd recommend responding to those reviews and showing that you actually care about your customers.

Agalak, Feb 28, 2024 IP