1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tweets getting deleted

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Pier de Lange, Jan 31, 2019.

I have a Twitter account called @AvgnFannAccnt on which my tweets keep on getting deleted. The tweets in question do not violate the twitter terms of service, nor do I get a notification upon their removal. I have labeled my tweets as potentially harmful, I make it known that I'm not associated with the real deal as is described in Twitter's fan account policy, I have deleted accounts that I didn't use anymore but nothing worked. I don't have any apps that delete tweets either.
    This is the third time I tried to make this account, every account had the Avgnfannaccnt name and every account had this problem of my tweets getting deleted. Tweets on my main account don't get deleted however.
    If anyone could help me I would forever be grateful.
    All I want is to post my tweets without them getting deleted.

Pier de Lange, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What is wrong with you?

[​IMG]

only /r/niceguys would find that humourous

sarahk, Jan 31, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  3. Pier de Lange

Pier de Lange Peon

Best Answers:
    That you don't find it funny is understandable. I personally find it quite humorous. The context to this is that to complete a game he needs to have a phonecall with Jesica Rabbit. Upon calling this number he gets a automated voice telling him some information.
    That he tries to threaten this obviously fake voice and that he reacts in such anger is quite amusing to me.
    But, as the saying goes, different strokes for different fokes. I will admit that it looks quite wierd out of context but the majority of people that would follow an avgn fan account would know the context allready .

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  4. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Very obvious why they are being deleted. With all the shit going on that is just not funny.

allout, Jan 31, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I completely concur but it appears that some have a twisted, warped sense of "humor".

Spoiltdiva, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  6. Pier de Lange

Pier de Lange Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn allout going all out

7. Pier de Lange

Pier de Lange Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, I'm getting a lot of fan feedback (which I am gratefull for) but that is not why I opened this thread. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Pier de Lange, Feb 1, 2019 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ghost deleting and ghost profile blocking have been around for some time now. For over a year, if I am not mistaken.

Basically your tweets disappear without you being informed about it. It happens to the tweets that Twitter deems offensive. At first the offensive tweets will be ghost deleted. If you keep posting them you may lose your account too (it can get ghosted or banned).

Search Google for "twitter ghost tweet deleting".

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    qwikad.com, Feb 1, 2019 IP
  9. Pier de Lange

Pier de Lange Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I googled twitter ghost tweet deleting and found a lot of talk about offensive and harmful tweets. Like I said before I had labeled my tweets as potentially harmful but I had disabled that after a while. Do you think that if, even though the tweets that got deleted weren't offensive, I were to relable my tweets as potentially harmful this shadow deletion will maybe disapear?

Pier de Lange, Feb 1, 2019 IP
  10. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I believe so. Some of those things are permanent (since it's all done without any human involvement). I have this one Twitter account. Back many moons ago I did the usual: unfollow followers and follow new profiles. I guess I did it too much, my account got blocked. Luckily I got it unblocked, but since that point on I can only follow about 50 people every so many hours (even though with my other accounts I can follow up to a 1000 people with the same follower / unfollower ratio).

Looks to me you'll be better off starting a new account. If your current account is ghosted it will remain ineffective (people won't be able to see your tweets or find the account itself via the search) no matter how good your tweets are or how many followers you have.

qwikad.com, Feb 1, 2019 IP
  11. Pier de Lange

Pier de Lange Peon

Best Answers:
    I have labeled my tweets as potentially harmful and they haven't been getting deleted ever since. I just wish I knew this 2 years ago.

Pier de Lange, Feb 6, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  12. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Glad you were able to figure it out.

qwikad.com, Feb 6, 2019 IP