1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do laptop cooling pads work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dcristo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How do you do that?

dcristo, Nov 2, 2018 IP
  2. Thomas Owens

Thomas Owens Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do that in any GPU app like MSI afterburner or EVGA Precision. There will be scales with GPU voltage, Core frequency, and memory frequency.
    Hope this video will help

Thomas Owens, Nov 2, 2018 IP
  3. JulietAdams

JulietAdams Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Cooling pad works but average cooling pad not in summer.AMD processors need a good cooling pad.

JulietAdams, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  4. J.C.Anderson

J.C.Anderson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it is enough just to lift laptop a bit to create free space between its bottom and the surface. If it is suitable, you can downgrade to Windows 7, it could help.

J.C.Anderson, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Any decent laptop would already do that to allow airflow underneath. Anyway I found a solution to this already. Instead of getting a laptop cooling pad I just got a desk fan and it seems to be working well enough.

dcristo, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've got a lapdog cooling pad :cool:

upload_2019-1-11_15-34-14.png

sarahk, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  7. Truman Mills

Truman Mills Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should not be expecting too much. Because the real cooling occurs inside the laptop. There are vapor chamber and heat pipes. A cooling pad only has fans which come below your laptops. This won't help, because all laptops do not produce heat at the bottom. Some get heated at he keypad while some at trackpad. I hope this helps

Truman Mills, Jan 26, 2019 IP
  8. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Cooling Pads do works to lower the overall temprature of the Laptop. I use it to play RCE game known as Entropia Universe and has over USD 8000 invested in this game. Anyone looking to burn lots of their money or wants to make money should try out this game. And yes for playing this game I uses Cooling Pad for my Laptop which lowers the temperature. If I don't use cooling pad then my Laptop will shutdown due to overheating.

degreubiwa, Jan 30, 2019 IP
  9. izlik

izlik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is a no for me, sure they cool but they are always on the damn way so not. spend money on a computer with good cooling.

izlik, Mar 15, 2019 IP
  10. R33KO

R33KO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it depends greatly, are they a good preventative measure and something you should use with a new laptop, sure, I'd say so.

Do they help with laptops overheating? Not massively, if your laptop is already overheating and you're buying it to stop it overheating, they've never worked for me, you'll need to look at getting your laptop looked into.

That being said I've never spent over $50 on one so who knows, for some high end ones it may.

I bought one with my new laptop several years ago and as I've always used it with my laptop I've never run into any issues.

R33KO, Mar 15, 2019 IP