1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't get into my twitter account - Please help

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by TGIF, Jan 26, 2019.

I fancied a break from my twitter account.

I do this from time to time as it can get a bit much.

I have had this account since 2015 & I've been an active tweeter on it.

So I deactivated for a few days & usually this is fine when I activate again I can just start using the account again.

However this time when I put in my username & password, it asked for my email address to help protect the account.

Here's the problem... I don't know the email address as I never use it & can't remember which one I used to open the account.

Can't find a phone number to speak to someone at Twitter about this.

So my account is active, but I can't use it.

It's not keeping my account safe, it's stopping me from using it.

Help please! [​IMG]

TGIF, Jan 26, 2019 IP
  2. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They will not help you unless you have a valid email or phone number connected to your account. They have no other way to verify it is you. Since it was only three years, you should be able to remember all the emails you have had. Clear out your cookies and go to the page where you can put in your email if you forgot user name. Try your emails until one matches an account. Otherwise you have to start another one.

allout, Jan 26, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. TGIF

TGIF Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

I can't remember it. Seems I have lost my account, which is crazy given I have the login details. :(

Can't even deactivate it.

TGIF, Jan 27, 2019 IP
  4. DXFan

DXFan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to get in on my Deskyop I know my username and password. I enter it and it asks me for a phone Number?

Problem is I have No Number to use ince I have NO CELL Phone????? So How do I get in????

DXFan, Jan 28, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    In your first post you said the account was deactivated. Now you say it's active. I'm confused.

Why do you deactivate the account when you take a break? Isn't it simpler just to not open the app, or go to the site? It's possible that you exceeded the 30 days (time flies, right?) and your account is gone forever.

If you really wanted to hold onto that account you'd have ensured it had a valid email and phone number.

At some time in the past did you use somebody else's phone number?

sarahk, Jan 28, 2019 IP
  6. DXFan

DXFan Peon

Best Answers:
    No I Never use anyones cell phone?

DXFan, Jan 28, 2019 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Tty all email that you remember, I usually create a excell file and write down all my email and password that I ever made. And lock that .xls with password.

Have you tried all your email..

robyries, Jan 28, 2019 IP
  8. chinemeremz

chinemeremz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter has been closing spam accounts for some time now, and they consider your account as such. I've had my account with over 5k followers closed for one TOS or the other, and I believe you are in violation of one or even more. So its wither you give them the information asked, or you move on by creating another one and of course staying active this time. The idea of activating, deactivating and reactivation should not be the way to go this time! trust me, I know how it goes!

chinemeremz, Feb 8, 2019 IP