1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do i start a VPN connection service

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Emmynet, Jan 3, 2014.

1. jhalrem

jhalrem Active Member

Best Answers:
    jhalrem, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  2. AnnAngel

AnnAngel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many good VPN Services. I've used some of them. But if U want to get yourself behind the shield, where no one can spy on your online identity or steal your data, try http://faceless.me/ which tariff is rather cheap;)

AnnAngel, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  3. blackhunter250

blackhunter250 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    blackhunter250, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  4. depat

depat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey get a VPS or dedicated server in your selected country, Install the required software and ta daaaaa
    Sounds easy he, well its much more complicated than this. You need a lot of knowledge research and skills to do this.
    First i would try out a proxy and move to a VPN buuut, remember that there are a tone of these companies out there.
    How are you different, unique? You will struggle and get depressed as i did because you have this awesome thing and no body knows about it. I would recommend you going back to the drawing board dude
    Are you even making it commercial or private, btw?

depat, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  5. Lincoln Studios

Lincoln Studios Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello all... This forum looks like the best one I have found so far. Lots of really great people it seems. Anyway, I am actually doing almost the same thing as Emmynet but I already have OpenVPN set up and running on my HostGator account perfectly now with currently two users online all day watching HD movies on Netflix, my wife and kids at home and me in the office. I would say between both accounts we are constantly online at least 18/7 if not more and its been almost 2 weeks without a hiccup. Unlike StrongVPN which I was using for almost 4 years and constantly being disconnected and can not run in HD mode on Netflix half the time.

Same as Emmynet I guess... Only difference is, I already have a huge list of customers waiting for me to sign them up and the only thing they will use the OpenVPN IP Address for is watching Netflix and Hulu while out of the country (USA), like I am currently doing right now.

I am on the same:
    • Intel Xeon Dual Core, 2.3GHz (4 threads)
    • 100 Mbps Uplink
    • 4 GB High Performance RAM
    • 500 GB RAID-1 Drives
    • 10 TB Bandwidth
    • 2 Dedicated IPs
    I only need one location, USA and of course San Francisco would be best for me, but my data centre is currently in Utah, which is better than Miami or NY for my needs.
    Also, I am ok with a shared set up and only one IP address should be fine since this will only be used to access Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime. Will be mostly kids watching all day and parents at night.

Does anyone here have further advice, links to better server options and or can help with any problems, special settings...etc.

I think Emmynet and I can help each other out on this since we are both looking to do the same things. I don't think there will be any competition at all since I already have enough customers to fill up my current server.

Here is one link I found that seems to give tons of great detail and insight but a little bit beyond my knowledge. Can anyone give advice or translate this page into English... LoL
    http://blog.defsdoor.org/2011/06/02/large-openvpn-server-deployment/

In the comments of this page, I found the below:
    The server I used for this was a 2.8ghz Quad Core Xeon. The memory requirements are minimal – You could easily run this on 1GB of RAM.
    And, as with openvpn in general, this just works. No issues. The only time something needs doing is when a user forgets their password.

This is one problem I see with the current OpenVPN Access Server Web UI. No way for your customers to change their passwords...

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Also, would love to implement the Web UI into my web site that I am currently building.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post... my first one actually... but like I said, this seems like the greatest Forum on the exact subject I was looking for. Oh, I added (following) all the users of this post.

Thanks all...
    Mathew Lincoln

Lincoln Studios, Apr 29, 2014 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  6. Lincoln Studios

Best Answers:
    Oh, one more thing... I see that from that link I gave above, it mentions this guy is equipped now for setting everything up for 40 simultaneous connections that he figures will be 10% of the 400 clients he expects to service. Later on, he talks about the load being too much and that he needs more than one CPU to handle it all if 400 simultaneous active connections end up running. He also states that there is another discussion of over 1000 simultaneous connections working just fine. So does this mean that Emmynet and I will be fine with what we have? Seems like he also mentioned that 1 Gig of Ram was plenty and we both have 4 Gigs.

"The solution I ended up with runs 4 instances of openvpn on a single server with each process bound to a CPU (or core)."
    Does anyone know how to implement this code he wrote and or do what he did? I think this might actually be the solution that Emmynet and I are looking for.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Lincoln Studios, Apr 30, 2014 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  7. Emmynet

Emmynet Member

Best Answers:
    I will be more than happy to have openvpn, PPTP, L2TP configured to work with each other without issue. but first i need to install openvpn and don't know how yet.

Emmynet, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  8. Lincoln Studios

Best Answers:
    Only takes about 10 minutes to install and start using. Very simple, but if you need special settings and plugs like I do, then it can be a little more involved.

Lincoln Studios, Apr 30, 2014 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  9. pandelov

pandelov Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,
    Very interesting discussion is received. I also thinking to start business with VPN accounts. I think the technical realization is little problem. Rather excites me how to get to the exact target group of customers?
    I'm curious "Emmynet" how far to the project?

pandelov, May 30, 2014 IP
    Mehta likes this.
  10. Sphor

Sphor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of the smaller VPN companies around have partnerships with larger already established companies and resell their services.

Creating your own service out of that dedi of yours is possible however i do not have the knowledge to help you out with that i am afraid. Best of luck with your venture mate (-:

Sphor, Jan 26, 2019 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds like a terrible idea.

1) A VPN is a VPN. You can't do anything interesting, unique or different with a VPN connection to stand out from the competitors. You offer a VPN. That's it.

2) Most people have no idea what a VPN is. The more tech savy individuals who do most likely already know where to obtain a VPN connection.

NetStar, Feb 2, 2019 IP
  12. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Better do private label of big VPN company product for which the starting cost would be $500 one-time and $50 per month maintenance cost.

degreubiwa, Feb 16, 2019 IP
  13. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Opensource technology, resource based platform are the best selection.

RomanEpo, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  14. Fitnet

Fitnet Peon

Best Answers:
    you have a lots of choice , if you can work with linux servers , i prefer Openvpn
    [​IMG]

Fitnet, May 29, 2019 IP