1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NFL 2019 Predictions?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, Sep 7, 2018.

Okay, the NFL season is getting underway, so it is time for predictions. I am thinking that the New England Patriots will win their division this year. Not going to go further than that until I see them for a few games.

What do you folks predict?

jrbiz, Sep 7, 2018 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I predict that these overgrown, over paid jocks will kick these footballs. (bladder things covered with a pigskin) Then one of the jocks will kick the bladder thing through these big posts, and the drunken redneck crowd will go wild with hysteria.
    And if one of the African American jocks goes down on one knee during the singing of the national anthem....all hell will break loose. That is my prediction.;)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 7, 2018 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I could never get into the NFL. When you go from watching a free flowing game like Rugby League it's hard to get into such a stop start game.

dcristo, Sep 7, 2018 IP
  4. Michael Grisso

Michael Grisso Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that we're 9 weeks into the season, you have any bolder predictions? I think New England is a pretty safe bet to win their division every year until Brady retires.

Obviously the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints are playing lights out the first half of the season. None of them really have a defense. I think if Talib can make it back to the Rams before the playoffs they're going to be front-runners.

My sleeper pick this year is probably the Chargers. Bosa will be coming back this week or next, and their defense has already been showing how good they can be without Verrett. I think they're only going to get better, and with Melvin Gordon they can probably limit how much Kansas City's defense is on the field when they play again. If it weren't for so many dropped balls (2 touchdowns) by LA's wideouts, the Chiefs would have two losses.

We'll see how it goes though.

Michael Grisso, Nov 6, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The Chiefs, Rams, and Saints may not have much of a defense but the Patriots defense may be worse. Yes, I think that the Pats will take their division, but either the defense picks up their game or it will be tough for them to win it all. I was pleasantly surprised that they were able to beat the Packers last week. I was worried that Rodgers would pick them apart.

jrbiz, Nov 7, 2018 IP
  6. Michael Grisso

Michael Grisso Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I agree. I was surprised their secondary played as well as they did. Having Gilmore there to cover opponents #1 is definitely helpful.

My son is a huge Patriots fan. He’s a paratrooper stationed in Germany, so I try to give him updates as much as possible when he’s out in the field.

Patterson has been a big help while Michel has been down and James White has been fantastic

Michael Grisso, Nov 7, 2018 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I can now say with certainty that the Patriots will NOT be going all the way. Defense is horrible and even the offense is not looking sharp. I blame the players and the coaches. Really disappointing.

jrbiz, Dec 20, 2018 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When they lost to Dolphins during those last few seconds I knew I was watching a different Patriots team. Same here, disappointed. Not sure if I will be watching the SB.

qwikad.com, Dec 20, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, the Chargers come to Foxboro on Sunday. Going to be a cold day, which will likely favor the Pats, a bit. I think that the Pats will win this one, but it is the next matchup (on the road) that could be the end. All the possible teams they will face then are going to be tough.

jrbiz, Jan 11, 2019 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the Pats won and are now off to Kansas City. They are in the unusual position of being the underdog. Will be an interesting game to watch on Sunday. Could be a blowout with KC crushing them or perhaps the Pats can pull off an upset by going deep into their old bag of tricks...Gronk played well as a blocking tight end against the Chargers, but he will have to do some serious offense to shake things up enough for the Pats to win, I believe...

jrbiz, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  11. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Will be watching. My hopes are up. I found out that my neighbor is a Pats fan. I am sure he's delighted.

I hear they'll be playing in record freezing temps too. We're talking like 23-25.

qwikad.com, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that was the general temp up here for last week's game against the Chargers. I heard that in KC this Sunday it is going to be single digits (Fahrenheit) at the kick-off and dropping from there. Could go below 0F one weatherman said.

jrbiz, Jan 17, 2019 IP
  13. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    On to the Super Bowl!!

qwikad.com, Jan 20, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It was one of the most exciting and suspenseful football games that I have seen in a long time. To be honest, I think that the OT coin toss decided the game. The first team to get the ball was going to take it into the end zone. Both defenses had nothing left by then. It was nice to see Gronk being a key part of the offense, again.

jrbiz, Jan 21, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, the Super Bowl looms on Sunday. I am thinking that the Pats will squeak by and win it this year, giving Brady a record six rings. But, I also think that the team that scores first is likely to carry that momentum through the end of the game. My prediction: 35 to 31.

jrbiz, Jan 28, 2019 IP
  16. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    It ended up being better than I had expected. Did you watch the whole game? It was a tough one. That's what makes this win so special.

qwikad.com, Feb 3, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I watched the game and it reminded me of early Super Bowls that were always defensive games. The whole season was a tough one for the Pats and many (including me) had written them off halfway through the season. I think that must make it especially sweet for the team. Hats off to the defensive coaching which stymied the high octane offense of the Rams. It was amazing to watch. They now join the Steelers as the only two teams that have won six Super Bowls. Anyone who says that Brady is not the GOAT is fooling themselves.

By the way, I turned to my wife just before the interception play and said, "Boy, the Patriots are due for and could sure use an interception." It happened on the very next play. So, of course, I took complete credit for it. :)

My only other comment was that Edelman was his usual fantastic self; however, who threw him those pinpoint passes? Just like the fantastic passes that were thrown to Gronk (especially the one that set up the touchdown from the 2-yard line.) I do not begrudge the MVP award to Edelman, but my vote would have been for Brady.

All in all, a great, tough game that capped off a tough season!

jrbiz, Feb 4, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  18. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    What do you think about the commercials? I didn't find them all that great. I actually switched channels for most of the commercials and the half time show. I liked the Michael Bublé one. My wife and I really like sugarless drinks like Bubly:

qwikad.com, Feb 4, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I watched quite a few of them and I thought that one of the most memorable/impactful was the Bud Light commercial with the medieval king and his minions trying to find the other brewers that were using the incorrectly delivered Corn Syrup to brew their beer. I think that it made the point and really differentiated them over the competition given that corn syrup (justly or unjustly) has a bad reputation as a food additive these days. But to pay $5MM for 30 seconds is way too much, imo.

jrbiz, Feb 4, 2019 IP
  20. Bane Gamma Development

Bane Gamma Development Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ravens have been my team for years mostly because of good defense

Bane Gamma Development, Apr 9, 2019 IP