1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you still like Resident Evil?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 26, 2018.

For me, it's still modest in the scares department, but I think Capcom DOES milk it quite a bit...

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 26, 2018 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Which Resident Evil game is the best, is Resident Evil 1 still worth playing?

dcristo, Dec 26, 2018 IP
    Johnny Mnemonic likes this.
  3. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say if you can get the HD remake of the original game for the PS4, that's what I'd say is the apex of the entire franchise. But they're all generally quite good, in various measures.

The titles from 4 onwards are more so Call of Duty rip-off titles, just with RE related creatures in them, and like Marmite, you'll either like or hate that direction, assuming you've attempted to play them in order and can realize that 4 was the turning point. For better or worse!

7 was kind of like a semi-reboot, because while it is still a sequel, most of the game doesn't feel like it quite belongs in the franchise. You spend most of the game playing an ordinary guy who is looking for his missing wife, and you just fight boring looking black monsters and a possessed family that has sadly been taken over by some new virus. There's some puzzles here and there, but to me, it was just like a cash grab of the original game's premise, in that they set it in a big house and just used the RE name to make it sell more copies. The main character (Chris Redfield) just so happens to show up during the endings, both good and bad, so the additional content you have to buy online, pretty much focuses on him basically cleaning up the scraps, but they also throw in some plot "twist" as well. And to be honest, they redesigned his model in the most ridiculous way. He doesn't look that 'beefed-up' any more compared to his RE parts 5 and 6 counterpart, and his voice and face is all wrong now too. It's almost like he has aged backwards by 30 years. I'd hate for this trend to continue with the other characters.

To me, it's like Capcom only cares about the money, so they're more than willing to just piss off the old-school fans who have supported them for well over 20 years now.

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 27, 2018 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks for the detailed reply I am going to play the Remake on the Gamecube.

dcristo, Dec 27, 2018 IP
  5. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    I appear in this movie. I'm a zombie. Do you think this is a lot like Resident Evil? :p

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 30, 2018 IP
  6. Blogger Arslan

Blogger Arslan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i STILL DO :)

Blogger Arslan, Dec 31, 2018 IP
  7. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:

By the way, the Mexican guy who plays one of the marines, was also in Planet Terror. He had a small role as a deputy, who was killed by zombies outside a police station.:p

Johnny Mnemonic, Jan 21, 2019 IP
  8. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would play every single resident evil game that has ever been released; have i done this, no. But, I would if possible. Resident Evil is a classic - no matter what franchise edition. I love them all (but only played 2 versions). Resident Evil and Silent Hill rendered with me as games I wanted to play. I just hated the limited inventory space and ammo, but whatever. Resident Evil games were awesome. The movies are good too! Love it. Give me all the Resident Evil I could take. And Milla Javovich, come on.

davilama2682, Nov 21, 2019 IP
  9. KaiShinI

KaiShinI Peon

Best Answers:
    As for me 7 chapter was great

KaiShinI, Dec 23, 2019 IP
  10. harleynash

harleynash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes true , this is the best about zombies ! other not so good at all !

harleynash, Dec 24, 2019 IP
  11. Pero.Jozek

Pero.Jozek Peon

Best Answers:
    I like RE. I haven't played 7. I like the story.

Pero.Jozek, Jan 27, 2020 IP
  12. mail_walker

mail_walker Peon

Best Answers:
    my fav games was re3 nemesis when I played on ps1 back in time. I missed old Jill so much :/

mail_walker, Mar 27, 2020 IP
  13. Johnny Mnemonic

Best Answers:
    I recently finished RE3 on the PS4, and it's a highly crappy remake. They missed out a lot of locations. In the original, you may recall you were aboard a train that derailed into a clock tower. That's completely gone. You also get no ending where Barry saves Jill and Carlos. The game is very short, and Nemesis himself isn't a big threat. Now there's also word going around online that M-Two (who created RE3) will remake RE4 by 2022.

Johnny Mnemonic, Apr 15, 2020 IP