1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Volusion or Able Commerce?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by takecare4ever, May 30, 2011.

I'm looking for a complete ecommerce hosting solution that offers easy templates (that can be modified) and most importantly, a way to drop ship easily (without doing a work-around, like ProStores). I leaving ProStores and need something easy since I'm not a techie. So far Volusion and Able Commerce seem pretty good... any help will be appreciated.

takecare4ever, May 30, 2011 IP
  2. rodneyck

rodneyck Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used AbleCommerce for a couple of years now for my company's eCommerce business, both B2B and B2C websites. I would not recommend using Able. The best way to describe the shopping cart is to say it is clunky. Not easy to theme. It is not an intuitive/user friendly thought out shopping cart. The built in navigation is horrible, very basic. Does it support multi stores....uh no. Unless you are working with an experienced Able programmer, save yourself the headache.

We are moving on to Magento for the company, and not soon enough IMO. Personally, I am looking into OpenCart, which I love, for my own ventures. Either one offer features well above anything offered from AbleCommerce.

Just my two cents.

rodneyck, May 31, 2011 IP
  3. webtwilight

webtwilight Peon

Best Answers:
    Big ecommerce is another spot to give your online shopping cart a try. I here alot of good things from Big ecommerce. Volusion is a well known site as well.

webtwilight, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  4. takecare4ever

takecare4ever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies, I looked into your suggestions. But What I learned from Google, AbleCommerce can easily be customized and its URL re-writing structure helps you to get good search engine ranking. I didn't heard about OpenCart, but yes Magento is the best option if you are going for an open source shopping cart software.

takecare4ever, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  5. VolusionMolly

VolusionMolly Peon

Best Answers:
    Volusion provides the most complete, feature-rich platform out there. It integrates easily with dropshippers (DOBA is one of Volusion's partners) and it has all the built-in features a store-owner needs to run and market their business.

I would try each system out. Volusion offers a 14-day free trial of the software which gives you a test run. They also offer 24/7 live phone support which is unheard of in the ecommerce industry. Just ask any of the 25,000 successful Volusion customers what they love about it!

VolusionMolly, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  6. jamsl

jamsl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have provide magento e-commerce web design & web development in very affordable price. also our company (Magento-store-development.com) offer magento theme design, magento template design, magento payment method, magento costomization & to complete project in to specific time line...Are you interested, please contact US on: info(At)attuneinfocom(Dot)com

Regards
    Jams Lebron
    Attune Infocom Inc
    magento-store-development(Dot)com
    Magento Theme Design

jamsl, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  7. allyson_gss

allyson_gss Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. But i suggest using magento commerce, top of the line platform, feature rich, flexible, scalable and robust gives complete control over the look and functionality of your store.

allyson_gss, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  8. MageDirect

MageDirect Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    Do you want your online store to show smooth work and classy results? It’s well-known that the site’s workflows and efficiency depend on the CMS. Therefore, every merchant strives to select the very best solution for the marketplace. But how to do it? Relax: our professionals have already compared and analyzed two renowned platforms. So, Magento VS AbleCommerce: which one is better? Go here to check: https://magedirect.co/magento-vs-ablecommerce/.

MageDirect, Dec 8, 2018 IP
  9. tgotchi

tgotchi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fast forward to 2018 (or 2019 soon), you should consider Shopify (hosted) or Magento (self-hosted).

tgotchi, Dec 25, 2018 IP
  10. Elevate

Elevate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I didn't see much about the size of your store but Magento or possibly MIVA would be good options for you. It's really hard to say without more information about your company.

Elevate, Jan 17, 2019 IP