1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many articles do I need for organic traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, Jan 8, 2019.

Hi webmasters,

I just started my niche blog and I was wondering how many high quality and unique articles should I write before I see organic traffic from 100 to 1000 a day?

I don't want your advice about building quality articles, I know it's important
    I want you to share your experience ...

So, how many articles did you have on your site when you reached approximately 100 visitors?

FarrisFahad, Jan 8, 2019 IP
  2. EliseFR

EliseFR Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Its not about how many articles you ll have, its about what you do with your blog to get wisitors. I got my first visitors from facebook. I have like 5 k friends there, so I created a page for my blog and reposted each link with artikle from my blog. Your site should also be optimized. It's about SEO

It's funny that people think to get organic traffic just by writing some good articles, man we are in 2019, it won't work without SEO

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
    EliseFR, Jan 9, 2019 IP
  3. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know that SEO is important but I am just doing a study. How many articles needed for x amount of traffic. That's it.

Can you share your experience?

FarrisFahad, Jan 9, 2019 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This its not a math it depends on so many factors what keywords you choose ,your experience etc .For example are people who wriye 4 blog posts and they crush it and people who can write 100 post and they get 3 visitors per day

Spartan14, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  5. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Again, please share your experience.

FarrisFahad, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is like asking the question, "How long should a dog's legs be?" The answer: "Long enough to reach the floor."

Any numbers you get from this thread (if you get any) need to be taken with a grain of salt because YMMV really is the operative concept here.

jrbiz, Jan 11, 2019 IP
  7. Ben Frost

Ben Frost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not only unique contents help to get organic traffic, but you also need contribution on others blog or sites using your links.
    Bloggers consistently use guest posting as a method of obtaining valuable backlinks to their blogs. This method is so useful that it evolved into content marketing, a popular method of digital marketing. By contributing to other sites, whether as a guest poster or simply a source for an article, you’ll raise exposure for both you and your brand.

Referral traffic is raised, and search engines give better rankings for sites with backlinks from reputable sites. This makes contributing to other sites one of the best, across-the-board digital marketing techniques to raise traffic to any website.

Ben Frost, Jan 13, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. chinemeremz

chinemeremz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on your niche, content writing skills and the far reaching effect your contents have on the audience. For example I run a movie blog where i review the latest and most popular TV shows, serials, Hollywood and even Bollywood at some point. It took me bout a 100 post to average 500 visitors a day; then I have another blog where I discuss personal development and business strategies- on this particular blog, even when the nich is a bit saturated; I had about 50 posts or, and had like 200 or more visitors a day. Then on another blog where i concentrate on music reviews and more; this blog is averaging about 200 post, and getting less than a hundred visitors a day. So the whole thing boils down on (1) the niche (2) the content development process and then (3) the ability and steadfastness of the content developer especially in facing strong and stiff competitions and coming out tops and smelling like a million dollars.

chinemeremz, Jan 16, 2019 IP
    ATMD likes this.
  9. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The number of articles won't be deciding your website traffic. You can earn 100 visitors in a day with just one article too, if the article is interesting and related to your niche. Also, if you are including some images in between the posts, it will surely help the visitors to get engaged. So, number of articles aren't responsible for traffic but your writing skills and presentation will play a major role in this.

MilesWeb, Jan 18, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no definite answer. It happens over time. You could get 100 visits a day if your article is something that people want to share via social media. But if you are going to rely on the search engine you just need to keep writing. Traffic will come.

kb24, Jan 18, 2019 IP
  11. ankush mittal

ankush mittal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    first of all your website will not be ranking your article will be ranking for a keyword .

So it actually does not matter how many articles do you have but you should have at least 10 articles.

To rank your article it actually depends on how many backlinks do you have, you should have a thorough article.

for example if there is an article on the first page of Google 10 tips to lose weight

And then you are going to write an article 100 tips to lose weight then probably people will be clicking on your article even if it's on the second place of the Google search result and eventually when more and more people will be clicking on your article the Google will take the first article down and will take you up on the first place.

ankush mittal, Jan 19, 2019 IP
  12. Florin_Tribalad

Florin_Tribalad Member

Best Answers:
    You can see online many opinions about this subject. From my experience I can say that a informative article always will receive organic traffic.
    Example: In the past I write a good article about online marketing using free blogspot platform. In next 7 days I start to receive visits and 1 sale.

Florin_Tribalad, Jan 20, 2019 IP
  13. ankush mittal

ankush mittal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    g
    great and also good luck for more traffic

ankush mittal, Jan 20, 2019 IP
  14. Florin_Tribalad

Florin_Tribalad Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks

Florin_Tribalad, Jan 21, 2019 IP
  15. demonicsheikh

demonicsheikh Member

Best Answers:
    You have to be search engine friendly yo get organic traffic meaning your keywords should be top notch in the search engine. If your content does not have optimised keywords then you wont get any kind of organic traffic.

There are many tools on the internet that will help you out with your content and keywords improvement.

Also do buy a domain for organic traffic impovement.

demonicsheikh, Jan 21, 2019 IP
  16. Anna Gray

Anna Gray Peon

Best Answers:
    it is not about creating blogs or article always, blog and articles too require traffic, once you get traffic on your blogs, you will get traffic on site as well

Anna Gray, Jan 25, 2019 IP
  17. flash2021

flash2021 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once upon a time when building niche sites was a thing for me, depending on the niche, it would take me 30-90 days to get a consistent number of visitors of 100+. 3-5 articles posted per week.

flash2021, Jan 27, 2019 IP
  18. ATMD

ATMD Member

Best Answers:
    That's pretty awesome man, you are versatile.

ATMD, Jan 27, 2019 IP
  19. Usama Azam

Usama Azam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic has no concern with the number of articles. You just have to do proper SEO to get traffic.

Usama Azam, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  20. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Number of articles does not equate to a certain traffic figure. The "search volume" for the targeted keyword(s) are what will determine the traffic(ranking/SEO of course).

The easiest way to start getting traffic rolling in is to use "longtail keywords" (3-4 word phrases). Start posting articles targeting the low competition keywords which are easy to rank for and usually without many-to-any backlinks. These keywords will have less traffic each but after a couple dozen high ranking articles the traffic starts rolling in. These high rankings helps the overall site as a whole too.

Once you get a base of these you can target more competitive/higher search volume keywords. With the right keyword selection you should have 100 visits a day with 10-20 articles.

kjh-08, Jan 31, 2019 IP