1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

iTrader 101 - Part I

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by jdR!pper, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Itrader 101

“What is the meaning of this attribute ‘iTrader: (Number)’? I see this with many people. Still mine is zero. How can I increase this?”

Sounds familiar huh? I’m sure at one point, you have asked yourself a similar question and found yourself browsing several threads to find an answer (perhaps even posted an inquiry for this). There are also members here, both old and new, who still haven’t been able to fully grasp what iTrader is. Some have not even encountered it until now.

Since I consider iTrader as one of the excellent additions here in DP (especially for the regulars in the Buy/Sell/Trade section), I decided to do some research and came up with a small iTrader FAQ (to be updated as the need arises):

• What is iTrader?

iTrader is like a reputation for trading. It is an eBay Style Feedback for the Buy/Sell/Trade section in this forum that was implemented by Shawn (digitalpoint) on Jan 26, 2006.

With this tool, users can rate each other or give feedback after specific transactions held at the B/S/T section (with the exception of the Cheap Stuff and Link Exchange forum). You can also leave a negative or positive feedback for people that you have done business with.

• What does the number beside the iTrader stand for?

The number you see near the "iTrader" indicates the number of successful or completed business transactions (as a buyer, seller or both) that you have made in the B/S/T section. Consequently, the higher your iTrader is, the higher the positive transactions you have completed.

To view more information, feedback comments, and what category the user is (buyer, seller, or both), click on the number beside the user’s “iTrader”.

[​IMG]

• How do I find out how many iTrader points I have or someone else has?

Take note that this feature only applies for the B/S/T section. Thus, people can see your iTrader rating or feedback when you post in one of the B/S/T forums and you can view a person’s iTrader there.

It also shows when looking at a user's profile. Moreover, you can manually visit a specific user's iTrader by clicking on the dot beside the username, selecting their "View Public Profile" from the dropdown menu,

[​IMG]

and replacing the destination link in the address bar from “member.php” to “itrader.php”.

[​IMG]

• How do I get one?

First, you should be able to participate in the B/S/T forum. Based from the FAQ, “you must have been a member for 14 days, not have an overall red reputation and have 25 total posts to post in the Buy, Sell or Trade forum.”

Then you need to be able to finish or complete a business transaction (as a buyer or seller). Keep in mind that a deal needs to take place because the URL of the thread has to be indicated when giving a feedback. Once this is done, you can then ask the person you dealt with for a feedback (or if that person is nice, he/she will automatically provide you with a feedback after the transaction). That person can either give you a positive or negative feedback depending on how good or bad your transaction was.

You’ll get this PM notification once someone gives you a feedback, and you can click the “on this page” link to view the rating summary.

[​IMG]

As protocol, you generally should also give feedback to the person who gave you a rating....

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
    jdR!pper, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    britishguy, T0PS3O, Notting and 55 others like this.
  2. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    • How do I give one?

Similar with getting a rating, you need to be able to finish or complete a business transaction first (as a buyer or seller) to be able to give one. Once this is done, you can then leave a positive or negative feedback to the person you dealt with by following these steps:

1) Click the iTrader number of the member you want to give feedback to.

[​IMG]

2) On the destination page of the iTrader number, click the “Submit Feedback For XXX” (XXX stands for the username).

[​IMG]

3) You will then see the page below. Fill up the form accordingly. Make sure that you really participated in the Deal thread URL you placed in this form. The Additional comments field is not necessary but will help the recipient to know where he/she should improve, etc.

Once you have completed this form, click on the “Submit Reply” button to send your Feedback.

[​IMG]

3. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    4) Feedback given!

Depending on your feedback (negative or positive), you will see a number change in the Feedback Score of the user you gave rating to. The short comment you placed on the form above will also appear under the “Rating Summary” table, along with your username and your part in the business transaction (buyer or seller).

[​IMG]

You will also see this change in the iTrader number of the user you’ve given feedback to when you view any of his/her post at the B/S/T section.

[​IMG]

• How many times can I give or receive feedbacks in a day?

For “New Traders”, the maximum ratings you can give or receive in a day are three (3). New Traders, as defined by Shawn, are members with a score under 5.

However, once you are past the “New Traders” bracket, you can give out as many as you want. :)

• Other helpful information

You can give feedback to multiple people in the same thread you posted if you created the thread – provided a deal or sale was made with each person through posts or Private messages.

Warning:

If no business transaction occurred and you still give them feedback, it can result in a ban.

Also, to prevent a user from inflating someone else's feedback, if a user posts another feedback for the same user, only the first one is credited towards their total score.

For any correction or “feedback”, feel free to post here (a rep would also be appreciated :) ).

kbduvall and Unni krishnan like this.
  4. ottodo

ottodo Guest

Best Answers:
    nice work and good tutorial :)

ottodo, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  5. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent, well thought out, comprehensive post!

Cool!
    Rep added!
    ~Notting

Notting, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    paidhosting and Rohit patel like this.
  6. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    excellent posts, jdR!pper. this thread is a likely candidate for sticky :)

onedollar, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    "How do I get one" is doubled up. Other than that, great post!

T0PS3O, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    RectangleMan, calum and Rohit patel like this.
  8. non_sequitur

non_sequitur Peon

Best Answers:
    whoa! i agree. a definite candidate for sticky ;)

non_sequitur, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    Rohit patel and calum like this.
  9. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys! it's nice to know that you appreciated what I've done. :D Feedbacks are welcome. :D

paidhosting likes this.
  10. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats Joe! Very informative post. It's now sticky!

Bondat, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    Raj Kumar, calum and Rohit patel like this.
  11. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome thread!!
    It would be very helpful to the new members,thanks for your contribution,buddy!

Richie_Ni, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    RectangleMan, Rohit patel and calum like this.
  12. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very good post some greens for you.Few days back when rep thread was made sticky few members made itrader threads so there name will be on top always but failed.This is very good work with complete information it will help lot of new members also save mods time.

seo-mumbai, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    Rohit patel likes this.
  13. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Really wonderful job jdR!pper :)

Now there is no any confusion for new members regarding iTrader. Surely deserve green for this.

deluxdon, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    alien, Raj Kumar and Richie_Ni like this.
  14. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody keep this in mind :)

Really really good tutorial. Rep added man.

MeetHere, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    paidhosting likes this.
  15. jezza chan

jezza chan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome tutorial: "sticky" rep added.

jezza chan, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  16. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good one :) Some work you have done there.

gr8liverpoolfan, Dec 20, 2006 IP
    Raj Kumar and Richie_Ni like this.
  17. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    I really spent a lot of time on doing this article because really wanted to contribute something very useful to DP. I even divided this iTrader 101 article into three posts because I wanted it to be detailed and include all images (only 4 IMG tags per posts is allowed) It's really fulfilling to know that my work is appreciated. :D

saadahmed007 and Nystul like this.
  18. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    Very Informative Post specailly for newbies..Reps added :)
    Saad

saadahmed007, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  19. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    -Great job and much needed for new members! Bravo!

FOX LORE, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  20. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fantastic explanation... It is really a sticky post...ALL THE BEST. The nebies are fortunate coz I reached for a month to detect these details to start my business in DP.

kittyluver, Dec 20, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.